Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah, shit's totally not classic. Flash of Light was shit for agro generation on live, worth less than a smallish nuke, and rarely lasted more than a tick or two except against low blue mobs. There's a reason that this FoL love here on p99 was never seen on any of the classic Paladin boards, and it isn't that 10,000 Paladins somehow completely missed the amazing power of a super-cheap to cast low level spell.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:04 PM
Planar Protector

That's a strange recollection you have, because I used Flash all the time on live for aggro and it worked quite nicely. Nilbog said he did the same when I talked with him in IRC awhile back. Folks also discussed using it on the forums I read back then--that's how I initially learned to use it. Flash fell out of common use when the Luclin expansion added low-level stun spells which generated similar hate for similarly low mana cost but without the potential drawbacks.

Danth
Old 10-11-2013, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

I remember Pallies using it during the Kunark era as well. If anything it worked even better on Live than it does here.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:44 PM
Planar Protector

Well, I sure had no good results with it, eventually gave it up as worthless. Couple early breaks, couple resists, dead healer, group wipe, long painful CR (didn't have 73-1/2 epic'd Cleric alts camped around every third corner in every zone.) Stun, otoh, was awesome. Most characters then weren't nearly so well-geared as they are here and a single stun would often hold agro for an entire fight.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:40 PM
Banned

??? Whats goin on kaev. Did you see what i wrote? Stun is G O D L Y. Its the easiest and most easy mode tanking ever.

If you are on the aggro list, the mob wont run. So you can shoot it with a bow and miss, then cast blinds non stop and it will never run. Mobs will never run from blind once youre on the aggro list. It is soooooo much better than stun, atleast up till 32, thats when i stopped my pally. But short casts and amazing snap aggro? Its all you need i never stunned unless its a caster. Always blind 2-3 times and youll never lose aggro even to an equal level epics rogue

If you wanna cc with it, i dunno about that.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:32 PM
Banned

he doesnt understand
Closed Thread