Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 05:40 AM
Banned

Default This guy is terrified of not having Nihilum around to look after him and his pixels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elderan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Keep in mind, if a merge of red into teams happens.

There HAS to be a way people on red can choose their team no matter race/class. You CANNOT split up guilds.
He probably watches water polo and has a dog named porthos as well.

Dood, if Nihilum dies or you end up on Flowers of Happiness team, you can join us. We'll take REALLLLLY good care of you....
Old 11-09-2013, 05:42 AM
Banned

Actually this makes another point. If it's to easy to pick the winning team. We'll end up with the same situation we have now. Just with teams and hardcoding preventing people from re-organizing.

So this is why I'm in favor of a custom soft coded rulesset. And IDGAF about guilds. THIS IS A NEW BOX. The merge to it is to save character data, not your fucking friendships. If you can't handle being on the opposing team of your friend. You obviously failed highscool basketball class.

Thats level 1 dunkin bros and sis's.
Old 11-09-2013, 05:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by runlvlzero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He probably watches water polo and has a dog named porthos as well.
The fact that you made this ambiguous Star Trek reference that 99% of the people on this forum wont recognize only makes you the bigger nerd than your intended target.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:09 AM
Planar Protector

I'd love an eventual FFA to Teams merge, and a new FFA server with legitimate rallos rulesets. Great idea.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:11 AM
Planar Protector

Speaking of star trak I just watched star trek 2 wrath of kahn and I liked it better than "into the darkness"

I liked the first new star trek though. Second one let me down big time.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Speaking of star trak I just watched star trek 2 wrath of kahn and I liked it better than "into the darkness"

I liked the first new star trek though. Second one let me down big time.
Wrath of Khan: Ships look fake, bad acting, boring story about Kirk's son, distinct lack of interesting Star Trek locales and races.

3/10, would not watch again.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:19 AM
Kobold

What's it take to host one of these servers ? Is it like a 300.00 monthly Elderan leaderboard? Or more costly.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fact that you made this ambiguous Star Trek reference that 99% of the people on this forum wont recognize only makes you the bigger nerd than your intended target.
Fact is you recognized it <3 Maybe we should become friends?
Old 11-09-2013, 06:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezibell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's it take to host one of these servers ? Is it like a 300.00 monthly Elderan leaderboard? Or more costly.
I could buy a separate internet line and host a 100 player box tomorrow on my old piece of shit single core AMD 3.2ghz (forget what generation it was).

It does however take a few months to get the special skills needed to deal with EMU code and SQL to get anything done at least half as right as P99.

And if you have listend to their dev talks, they actually do have a very good compartmentalized system for better or worse were shits like insert <random neckbeard who volunteered to change NPCs here> cant directly change the code to the EMU or access character data (which was a problem with VZTZ)
Old 11-09-2013, 06:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by runlvlzero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fact is you recognized it <3 Maybe we should become friends?
Maybe I did, or maybe google recognized the connection between porthos and water polo.