Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 04:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingleson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I posted my opinions, and rather than being civil, people immediately went of the offensive and called me a "petty dickhead who found the deep end of the shit pool in record time." If they were simply arguing my point of view it would be one thing, but everyone opted for a direct attack on myself as a person rather than just my argument.

Personally, I'm not a fan of ad-hominems. There's no reason anything on the internet ever needs to get to a personal level.
Jingles, if you post a rant on the forums about anything in-game...especially a time long tradition (ports for donations), then expect a little backlash. Other people posted stupid stuff, but as the opening poster of a now popular thread, it's yours that they'll come back to.

Don't take any of it personally. It's just the forums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-13-2013, 04:44 PM
Kobold

100 replies itt by 1 guy. Guess how many minds you changed...
Old 11-13-2013, 04:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingleson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I posted my opinions, and rather than being civil, people immediately went of the offensive and called me a "petty dickhead who found the deep end of the shit pool in record time." If they were simply arguing my point of view it would be one thing, but everyone opted for a direct attack on myself as a person rather than just my argument.

Personally, I'm not a fan of ad-hominems. There's no reason anything on the internet ever needs to get to a personal level.
You're the one casting aside people's jobs and deciding what their pay rate should be. You're right, all those servers working $2 an hour to pay for taxes, on their claimed tips, really don't deserve the tips they're working for right?

"I talked shit about anything and everything and now everyone is picking on me, why?!"

Get over yourself.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:55 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jingles, if you post a rant on the forums about anything in-game...especially a time long tradition (ports for donations), then expect a little backlash. Other people posted stupid stuff, but as the opening poster of a now popular thread, it's yours that they'll come back to.

Don't take any of it personally. It's just the forums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude did you see that you can win a cloak of flame???? on the forums!?!?!!?!
Old 11-13-2013, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barahir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

sign me up!
Old 11-13-2013, 05:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barahir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nazis
No no no, the OP has to do it!
Old 11-13-2013, 05:09 PM
Kobold

Quote:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]