Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 11:48 AM
Sarnak

Anyone else recall rain spells on live doing 3 waves to between 0-5 targets no matter what?

At this moment if you cast a rain on 3 people and they stand there and take it, the first wave will hit 3, the second wave will hit 2, and the last wave will not take effect.

The coding at the current moment reflects that the maximum times a rain can hit anyone is 5 times. I played a wizard as a pk on Rallos Zek for years and always remember hitting groups of players 3 times... IE 1 rain spell could effectively hit 15 times if they all stood there. That was the power of the long cast time, it was a great jump spell.

Obviously don't have proof, and too lazy to go look because I don't play this class and I'd rather it didn't work this way, but either way there it is.

A little math on this might help out:
Tears of Druzzil does 600 damage to a possible 5 targets for a total of 3000 damage, at a mana cost of 380, and a cast time of 5, and a range of 150.
380=3000 which is 7.8 damage per mana, but at a hefty 5s cast time.

Pillar of Flame does 952 damage to 4 possible targets (albeit a slightly smaller aoe radius) for a total of 3808 possible damage, at a mana cost of 364, and a cast time of 4.5, range of 200.
364=3808 which is 10.5 damage per mana, at a lower cast time of 4s.

That would make the quad aoe spell more efficient than the longer cast time, shorter cast range, more mana rain spell which is totally useless on the pvp server right now.

Rain spells were quite commonly used on blue servers when dragons got less resists later in expansions to get maximum effectiveness for single target damage, however on pvp server this is not possible, so this spell would be completely useless against anything other than a single person who is rooted. These spells were commonly used by people on rallos zek against groups of players to get massive rain damage.

The formula should look like this:

Tears of Druzzil does 600 damage for a possible 15 hits, 9000 damage total possible if all targets stay in the aoe, mana cost 380, cast time 5, range 150.

380=9000 or 23.7 damage per mana. This was the power of the rain in pvp, it was the anti-raidforce spell.

I would like to stress that I'm not sure if this effected PvE at all, I don't ever remember using a rain spell in PVE against any more than 1 target. But this most definitely effected PVP.
Last edited by Rallyd; 11-10-2013 at 12:05 PM..
Old 11-18-2013, 01:15 PM
Banned

Tears of druzzil was almost 100% resisted by players who had even just arch shielding up. All rains had TERRIBLE resist rates.

Please cross reference with other RZ vets who I've verified on these boards.
Old 11-20-2013, 02:54 AM
Sarnak

Resists were not the subject of the post, simply that the rains should be able to land on more targets for the full 3 waves.
Closed Thread