Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 09:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhappy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=81892

Why is anything outside of VP in Priority class again?
Interesting idea. VP for TMO/FEIB 3 weeks a month, all other raid mobs 1 week a month. VP for everyone else 1 week a month, all other raid mobs 3 weeks a month.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

HANDS OFF PERIOD
As of January 1, 2014, Category A guilds will be considered “Hands Off” for any Priority raid targets during the first 7 days of each calendar month. During that time period, Category A guilds will avoid any of their priority targets and open them to the rest of the server. This will however exclude raid targets in Veeshan’s Peak.

[/U][/I][/B]
while there are ridiculous variences that can cause mobs to go 10 or more days before spawning, this should be amended to CAT A guilds will not go for the first priority spawns of each month instead. 7 days allows a rather high probability that a lot of these mobs will still spawn after that
Old 12-30-2013, 09:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is nothing in this proposal that disallows and person or guild from raiding priority targets every day of the month. It seems more to me your unwillingness to try and engage these mobs while FE, IB and TMO are contesting them as well...
There is nothing right now that stops us from attempting to raid priority targets every day of the month. That's one reason this proposal is failing. At the very least, it needs to be one week on, one week off, to be considered by everyone else.
Abomination Snowman - 60 Grave Lord
Proud owner of Innoruuk's Curse that did NOT come from TMO's bank or RMT.
Niluvien Forestwalker - 52 Ranger
Russled Jimmies - 54 Wizard
Old 12-30-2013, 09:12 PM
Planar Protector

The main thing wrong with this is that it severely hurts guilds that try to go from CAT B to CAT A.

Especially any guild trying to move into VP (which will no where be near gear/skill as established CAT A guilds). So you punish them for 3 months by limiting them severely. Not to mention any CAT B guild has a very long way to go to be on equal terms gear/skill wise as a CAT A guild.

I'm sorry, I don't see this as a way to grow guilds at all, instead it snuffs it out. You give a major incentive to not grow as a guild though, just compete among yourselves the first week and be wary of trying to play catch up.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:12 PM
Aviak

I think a revision to this proposal which seems more fair to the server is.

GroupA - TMO and FE/IB
GroubB - Everyone Else

Priority Targets (can be focused on by GroupA) - All of VP
Non-Priority Target (cannot be focused on by GroupA) - The rest of the raid mobs

If you manage to achieve 25% or more of the kills in VP in a month, you are considered GroupA.

The first week of the month, GroupA can compete with GroupB for all targets. The remainder of the month, non-priority targets are not killed by GroupA.

Poopsocking in all its forms are from here forward a bannable offense. The definition of poopsocking is having a raid character in the zone at the spawn point of a boss (either actively playing or logged out). I would suspect a few fraps of this would fix people from using this tactic?

In all seriousness...

Some of this is a hyperbolic attempt at pointing out how ridiculous the initial proposal seems. The poopsocking idea I do think should go forward. I can't imagine how the top tier raiders feel there is realistic competition in having alts camped out at the boss. There is no rush to engage, it's just phone a friend and kill a dragon. You will not ever have serious "competition" if those are the lengths you must go to.

At the end of the day, bigger compromise is needed between the top tier and less hardcore raid guilds. This server is VERY mature in terms of where we are expansion wise vs age of the server. There are significantly more guilds capable of downing a raid target than any server ever experienced on live. Because of that there need to be serious concessions to keep a healthy server.

I think the biggest thing lurking in the back of my mind is honestly how many more Trak/VS kills do TMO/FE/IB (especially TMO) honestly need to be competitive. I would venture it's a very small number.
Last edited by Scoresby; 12-30-2013 at 09:15 PM..
Old 12-30-2013, 09:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The main thing wrong with this is that it severely hurts guilds that try to go from CAT B to CAT A.

Especially any guild trying to move into VP (which will no where be near gear/skill as established CAT A guilds). So you punish them for 3 months by limiting them severely. Not to mention any CAT B guild has a very long way to go to be on equal terms gear/skill wise as a CAT A guild.

I'm sorry, I don't see this as a way to grow guilds at all, instead it snuffs it out. You give a major incentive to not grow as a guild though, just compete among yourselves the first week and be wary of trying to play catch up.
It's much better than the current state.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:13 PM
Sarnak

This plan does absolutely nothing to better the server. Just another example of tmo/fe/ib bullying -- "official proposal" everyone sign here - guilds contact you.

Who are you trying to fool?

7 days of "no touch" but oh yeah only if we don't need it.

Those of you that are clinging to this believe that you LOVE the competitiveness of the raid scene are full of it. there hasnt been competition on this server for 2 years - I'm sorry it ain't classic when countless members of these so called tier A guilds have numerous raid geared chars camped out at every target. that's not competition, its 2+ years of monopolizing and abusing the free to play of this server.

Divinity plan has the basis for the entire server to enjoy the action

2 weeks rotation INCLUDING VP
2 weeks FFA with bag limit

Sorry but this proposal is just some wool that the bullies want you to pull over your eyes and sign cuz they dangle a tiny fricking carrot of 7 days off when its convenient for them.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecguy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's much better than the current state.
A shit flavored cookie is much better than shit in the shape of a cookie too, but i'd rather not be forced to choose between the two. No thanks, I'll wait till I'm able to eat something without shit in the title.
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoresby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think a revision to this proposal which seems more fair to the server is.

GroupA - TMO and FE/IB
GroubB - Everyone Else

Priority Targets (can be focused on by GroupA) - All of VP
Non-Priority Target (cannot be focused on by GroupA) - The rest of the raid mobs

If you manage to achieve 25% or more of the kills in VP in a month, you are considered GroupA.

The first week of the month, GroupA can compete with GroupB for all targets. The remainder of the month, non-priority targets are not killed by GroupA.

Poopsocking in all its forms are from here forward a bannable offense. The definition of poopsocking is having a raid character in the zone at the spawn point of a boss (either actively playing or logged out). I would suspect a few fraps of this would fix people from using this tactic?

In all seriousness...

Some of this is a hyperbolic attempt at pointing out how ridiculous the initial proposal seems. The poopsocking idea I do think should go forward. I can't imagine how the top tier raiders feel there is realistic competition in having alts camped out at the boss. There is no rush to engage, it's just phone a friend and kill a dragon. You will not ever have serious "competition" if those are the lengths you must go to.

In all seriousness, some bigger compromise is needed. I think the biggest thing lurking in the back of my mind is honestly how many more Trak/VS kills do TMO/FE/IB (especially TMO) honestly need to be competitive. I would venture it's a very small number.
CAT A guilds have lots of newer players that still want to raid lower targets. What this actually might do is cause people to join CAT B guilds to farm their gear then join the CAT A guild for when they are ready to move on to VP.
Planar Protector

Maybe TMO can extend an olive branch and offer 3 additional trak teeth to any Cat B guild who downs a Trak so guilds can make themselves VP capable quicker.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Closed Thread