Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 08:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the internet is a hard place for the easily offended, just saying
Only when we make it such.

I don't think that was easily offended considering the shit that has been spewed on these forums for a few weeks now I think it took a lot to piss me off or offend me.

Especially considering a few of the asshat's here that have been flinging shit at myself and others because of a guild tag are people I've helped in the past with things like epic fights, leveling, gearing up and such in game. I think there might be 3 people on this server that I don't give a flying fuck about offending and that I wouldn't go out of my way to help if asked. Anyone else on this server if I was able id do what I could to help when asked to regardless of guild tag.

I have been on this server for a year now and you know what its not the raid scene that's toxic its the people. The raid scene is just a byproduct of the cancer that is the sense that someone else owes anyone shit in this game. The only people that are owed anything in this game are the GMs and Devs because of the shit they deal with, put up with, and have worked so hard to accomplish. This is their sandbox not yours and not mine they just let us play here.

Hopefully this gets worked out to the benefit of everyone and people can get back to enjoying the game. But that's highly unlikely because there are so many that instead of trying to fix it just want to bitch and cry about how horrible it was and how much they are owed because of it. Then bitch about how much they want to hurt or ruin someone elses fun. That is toxic. Everything in the last 100 or so threads started on these forums over the raid scene is toxic. The threads start with some merit and possibly have a chance to have a positive impact and they turn into a place to whine about how horrible it was or is.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:38 PM
Aviak

Take the no two boxing rule to the next level. 1 hour lockout when logging in a different char. Let people actually mobilize to targets instead of parking alts everywhere.

or a can't engage raid target flag for an hour whenever you first log in chars
Last edited by Keystone; 12-31-2013 at 08:41 PM..
Old 12-31-2013, 08:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisset [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seltius, I have to believe that you are being intentionally obtuse. I can't believe your complete missing of my point was anything other than an attempt to deflect from my very valid and apt comparison.

For starters, I never belittled the nazi atrocities or even brought them up. That was you. What I did was use some bad people as an example of how ridiculous it would have been to have them decide their own fate. Nothing more, nothing less.

So you can keep your faux-offense to yourself and stop deflecting what my very real and obvious point is. That TMO has for years been a poison on the raid scene of p99 and simply should not have a say in deciding how everyone else cleans up the mess that they created.

You don't let bullies help decide what's fair. They had their chance and chose to be bullies and took advantage of it for 2 years. And now they're going to whine and demand to be treated with equal say as their victims? Their agreement shouldn't even be a question. They should be subject to the will of everyone else like everyone was subjected to theirs.
I can appreciate the bully comparison but really I'm not sure how you get the whole Nazi thing and feel it shouldn't offend anyone.

I have only been on this server for a year and the competition that did happen when it happened during that time was more than one sided. I don't know you so I really don't care what you feel is fair. In the end TMO is a part of the sandbox and if they did create a mess then its their responsibility to help clean it up. I have seen FE/IB/BDA/Taken all do underhanded things in the name of getting a raid mob. So saying TMO was the only reason the server had issues is a copout and a complete farce. But to say anyone has nothing to say about the things that impact this server makes you no better than those people you hate.

I understand you were a helpless victim in all of this and that you want revenge or to hit TMO where it hurts. I get it but its time to let go and let any healing people claim they want to begin.

I don't know you I don't know what guild you are in. Did you even attempt to raid or kill raid targets during that time. Or did you like me start playing and hear how TMO was the big kid on the playground and didn't let anyone else on the jungle gym and so you gave up and never tried?

Also for years did you change accounts for some reason or get banned or just decide it was time to change/create a new account in Sept? Are you just quoting others or have you first hand experienced the abuses of TMO for years here? I mean I wouldn't know since I haven't been here for years what it was like then. I really want you to tell me.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is absolutely the wrong way to be thinking. it is selfish, it is short sighted, and it is immature as fuck. stop thinking about your self and start thinking about whats best for THE SERVER. that means ALL current guilds (yes even the ones you hate), and it means to plan for future players and guilds that may not yet even play here. but if the bit i quoted is really your stance, then you have no business in these talks.

the staff has been and will continue to monitor progress on these discussions. and we reserve the right to do absolutely anything imaginable (or unimaginable), as we see for the betterment of the server's future moving forward.
Thanks for popping back in, Sirken.

I think everyone is trying to make the server a better place, even if we do disagree/ call each other names while trying to do so.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is absolutely the wrong way to be thinking. it is selfish, it is short sighted, and it is immature as fuck. stop thinking about your self and start thinking about whats best for THE SERVER. that means ALL current guilds (yes even the ones you hate), and it means to plan for future players and guilds that may not yet even play here. but if the bit i quoted is really your stance, then you have no business in these talks.

the staff has been and will continue to monitor progress on these discussions. and we reserve the right to do absolutely anything imaginable (or unimaginable), as we see for the betterment of the server's future moving forward.
I am ready to have the gods promote me to Emperor of Project 1999!
Old 12-31-2013, 09:23 PM
Planar Protector

Happy New Year PROJECT1999 from Grand Rapids Michigan. I'm here at my brother's house enjoying the delights of life and in protest to dubstep have decided to forumquest for a moment. I'm looking forward to what 2014 will bring here and I wish you all the very best <3
Old 12-31-2013, 10:44 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Happy New Year.

If you want most players to have a chance at experiencing most of the content add a system where players can spawn raid targets by using tokens. Use your imagination here.

This will get you started. Tokens drop very rarely off of any kill made without an PBae nuke/song off of NPCs of a certain level or higher. Give 4 specific tokens to a spawner NPC that sits on the raid targets spawn point to pop that raid target. Make the spawner NPC disappear upon turn in and repop after a specific amount of time, 1-6 hours. Make obtaining the 4 tokens the bottle neck not finding the spawner NPC up. Also make the spawner NPC ignore and immune to all attacks.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrogue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Happy New Year.

If you want most players to have a chance at experiencing most of the content add a system where players can spawn raid targets by using tokens. Use your imagination here.

This will get you started. Tokens drop very rarely off of any kill made without an PBae nuke/song off of NPCs of a certain level or higher. Give 4 specific tokens to a spawner NPC that sits on the raid targets spawn point to pop that raid target. Make the spawner NPC disappear upon turn in and repop after a specific amount of time, 1-6 hours. Make obtaining the 4 tokens the bottle neck not finding the spawner NPC up. Also make the spawner NPC ignore and immune to all attacks.
Wow, please send me the contact name for your drug dealer. Shit sounds like it works great!![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-31-2013, 11:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrogue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Happy New Year.

not...... classic...... at...... all.......
Old 12-31-2013, 11:50 PM
Aviak

Well seeing how I have never seen any of the raid mobs before with this impending lock out I may get to see them in their natural habitat, Gordok is very happy about that.
Closed Thread