Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Velious will help. Just wait.

Didn't RD just make a post high fiving each other about getting a raid target the other day? System working as intended.

And can you stop pretending you want variance for the good of the server? The only guild that potentially benefits from variance is Red Dawn. You want it for the benefit of yourselves. Yet you will talk until you're blue in the face about how Nihilum is anti variance because they are selfish and don't care about the server.

Then in the next post you'll say how Nihilum has 80% of the active players on the server in it. So why would the devs enable something that is bad for the majority? Why would you advocate for a change that would piss off the vast majority of active players if you care about the server health?

Just call it what it is. Nihilum had a massive head start in acquiring gear in a game that is largely gear dependent in both PVE and PVP. You feel like the advantage is overwhelming and you are asking for the staff to step in and provide you a means to potentially get what you cannot get for yourself legitimately. If what you were saying was: "You tell us to contest but we lack the ability to do so, if you want a competitive raiding scene on this server you will have to help us out", at least then you'd be honest.

Zade said it best. You have the means at your disposal to get raid targets now. Either do it or admit that you can't and try to argue why that is bad for the server.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:46 PM
Banned

I left Nihilum because it was too one sided, for the good of the box.

Why would I be advocating something from a loot benefit that I can't get myself, when I could and did get it for myself.

I can't write out another variance argument for someone showing up late to the conversation, it's been done.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:47 PM
Banned

If you can ignore your own child's development, you can def find a way to time contested mobs. Human will is a mother fucker. Just believe in yourself, work hard and your dreams with come true.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hateraid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pls respond to me.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:54 PM
Banned

^ Kinda like you just did...
Old 01-02-2014, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Why would I be advocating something from a loot benefit that I can't get myself, when I could and did get it for myself.

I can't write out another variance argument for someone showing up late to the conversation, it's been done.
What you did personally has absolutely nothing to do with an argument to make a serverwide change. Why you left Nihilum really makes no difference to me (and probably almost everyone else to be honest).

What you're asking for now has the potential to help the side you're on now and potentially hurt your opponent.

What doesn't make sense to me is why you're advocating for something to help you contest when it is easier to organize an opposing force when you know an exact spawn time. Unless by contest you mean stealth drop a raid target uncontested because it happened to spawn at some weird hour or overlapping with another raid target.

And there is no need to rehash your variance argument, it is well documented. I just happen to disagree.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

LOL! and Thank god!
Old 01-02-2014, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Velious will help. Just wait.

Didn't RD just make a post high fiving each other about getting a raid target the other day? System working as intended.

And can you stop pretending you want variance for the good of the server? The only guild that potentially benefits from variance is Red Dawn. You want it for the benefit of yourselves. Yet you will talk until you're blue in the face about how Nihilum is anti variance because they are selfish and don't care about the server.

Then in the next post you'll say how Nihilum has 80% of the active players on the server in it. So why would the devs enable something that is bad for the majority? Why would you advocate for a change that would piss off the vast majority of active players if you care about the server health?

Just call it what it is. Nihilum had a massive head start in acquiring gear in a game that is largely gear dependent in both PVE and PVP. You feel like the advantage is overwhelming and you are asking for the staff to step in and provide you a means to potentially get what you cannot get for yourself legitimately. If what you were saying was: "You tell us to contest but we lack the ability to do so, if you want a competitive raiding scene on this server you will have to help us out", at least then you'd be honest.

Zade said it best. You have the means at your disposal to get raid targets now. Either do it or admit that you can't and try to argue why that is bad for the server.
One of the better post I have seen recently.

Logical, honest and too the point.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What you did personally has absolutely nothing to do with an argument to make a serverwide change. Why you left Nihilum really makes no difference to me (and probably almost everyone else to be honest).

What you're asking for now has the potential to help the side you're on now and potentially hurt your opponent.

What doesn't make sense to me is why you're advocating for something to help you contest when it is easier to organize an opposing force when you know an exact spawn time. Unless by contest you mean stealth drop a raid target uncontested because it happened to spawn at some weird hour or overlapping with another raid target.

And there is no need to rehash your variance argument, it is well documented. I just happen to disagree.
You make my brain hurt, first you take a shot at my intentions.

"And can you stop pretending you want variance for the good of the server? The only guild that potentially benefits from variance is Red Dawn. You want it for the benefit of yourselves."

Then you say that you don't care what my motivations are with speaking in favor of Variance. I don't care about PVE benefits, I care about creating a populated multi guild box.

You talk circles of nonsense and don't say anything worth responding to like usual, are you an Elderan troll account?
Old 01-02-2014, 02:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
I guess you consider yourselves one of the "them", as it's apparently us and them, kind of funny that Checkraise was tanking for Nihilum just months ago, and I was there here and there - server first Hoshkar kill etc.

There is no us and them, me and you, Nihilum and Red Dawn - you're making a black and white issue, when all we want is people to realistically compete, which no guild/crew has been able to do here since release.

Some people are just white knights, and some are dick suckers - you and Elderan both know your roles.
Closed Thread