Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-11-2010, 06:14 PM
Large Rat

I solved this problem my first day, here's the guide on how to fix it.

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25327

Worked for me, no more crashing.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:31 PM
Aviak

The only zone I crash on is East Freeport. and when I crash I can't log back in for a very long time or my client locks up and closes.
trying to go into or out of East Freeport this happens to me.
The boat sucks for me...
Old 08-17-2010, 04:12 AM
Aviak

Hello.

Same happens to me in Neriak Foreign Quarter. I can zone between Commonlands and Nektulos Forest without any problems, but then when I come back home to Neriak, the following happens:
- I enter the Neriak Tunnel from Nek Forest, speak a bit with the guards, ask if everything is fine with family and children and so on, joking about the dwarves and other crawling creatures
- I say goodbye to the guards. I go to the zone line, message says something like "Entering zone". Things freeze for a few seconds.
- Loading screen (with ugly werewolf) comes, saying "loading zone files, have you hugged an Iksar today". Progress bar goes to 100%, then nothing happens. Frozen.
- I then kill eqgame.exe, restart the game. Everything seems to go well (login server, character choice) till I have to zone in Neriak, where my character is.
- I have to wait 30 mins (sometimes more) before I can enter the game again.
I play EQ with the Titanium client, using a 1280x1024 window on a 1680x1050 screen. I don't understand how it can be a problem with graphics, since other zones are fine and that in the end I can zone in Neriak. Also I don't understand how it can be a problem with the zone server since other ppl can enter it without any problems.

I hope someone will find a solution or a workaround. Playing with resolution and/or fullscreen hasn't helped. Maybe I'll try a different UI, as suggested.

Anyway I just want o say I'm very happy with the game, thank you for the good job.

See ya.

Epicentre
Old 08-19-2010, 08:16 AM
Aviak

Something strange that could help find a solution: I have NO problem at all zoning in Neriak Foreign Quarter when I play from my brother's house.

Same laptop, same server (p1999), same zone, same everything except the connection to the internet.

Something with my internet connection causes problems to the client or the server, and in the end I have the feeling the connection between the zone server and my client is broken. And then I can't reconnect to the zone server. I have to wait till it realize I am gone and reinit the data that concern my character.

I can't say more, I'm a developer but have no idea how "they" implemented EQEmu.

Hope this can help.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:52 AM
Fire Giant

I believe this is related to internet connection in a lot of cases. I've played over a cell phone when my cable went down and it crashes on zoning most of the time. The cell connection isn't even that bad. I'll have full bars on 3G and can get download speeds over 1MB/sec with great pings, etc. I think it might be related to something certain ISPs, etc are doing.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:07 PM
Aviak

Yes I think it has to do with the internet connection, but only for some zones. Maybe zones that make special things, send special messages through the connection...
Old 08-26-2010, 09:32 AM
Orc

Bound near Shady in EC.

Crash when I gate to EC

Crash when I zone to Nro

Crash when I zone to Sro
Old 09-02-2010, 09:36 PM
Large Rat

I crash when I zone if my music (alt-k) play list has to many files.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:47 PM
Large Rat

I have played a few weeks without issue. Last night I tried to zone into Kithicor for the first time on my halfling, and client crashed. I can play my other players, but when I try to play the toon, half zoned into Kith, I crash to desk top every time. I am stuck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

dbg.txt, is a month old
Last edited by Ideallies; 09-11-2010 at 03:03 PM..
Old 09-11-2010, 11:14 PM
Large Rat

I tried a few tips in the thread, playing with resolution and texture caching. Nothing has worked. I made a lvl 1 halfling and ran to kithicor to test it out, and it crashed again. so its only that zone, so far, i have only been to about two dozen or so.

All my other characters work fine, except for the one I want to play. He is still in zoning limbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

any help would be appreciated.