Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 02:19 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciroco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He thinks T2 guilds don't use DKP; pretty sure he lives in a bubble.
don't see the relevance of DKP to guilds showing plenty of effort when the raid scene isn't being dominated by questionable tactics.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:21 AM
Sarnak

Nor do I, but chickmagnet seems to think using DKP increases poopsock willingness.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:22 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciroco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Flags weren't removed until PoP was no longer current, if I remember correctly. Regardless, people on Live whined because content was too hard. People here are whining because not enough content is available. I'm not sure it's an equal comparison.
Trials where seriusly gimped and later flags removed , ciroco , i remember when exe trial the executioner couldn be slowed and the % slow max was a new thing and made it way harder for people.

later u could bring even DC pets from outside to trial before it u couldnt .

omens first trials have mobs with the dps of a potime boss , u needed a perfect group for it.

the list goes for long .
thats why most modern gaming companys took the aproach to give everyone a easier game , and make profit , aka pay to win.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:23 AM
Kobold

so many people have a view on classic and almost all of them are different... p99 will always have some non classic rules to help all these different views feel classic.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:24 AM
Orc

would u poopsock if u weren't paid for it?
Old 01-08-2014, 02:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickmagnet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think Rogean as well as the other Devs encourage competition and would like to see more guilds competing, they just don't like to see the server being dominated, they hate the idea of rotation, because rotation isn't classic...every guild could log their main at a zone in while mob is in window and log on alt to play in meantime, I doubt they need to max lvl 60 out in groups...only takes 1 person to get FTE on mob, I don't care how VP decked out you are....prime example is nobles, every week, 100+ people ready to engage
Rotations where classic in some servers and in some like stormhammer it was a GM enforced rotation with a Tier system.

yet that system was used and abused to cocblock guilds , in general there isnt any real solution.

Thats why in classic most GM in terms of raid would rather let the players fixt their troubles in game.

playing politics and with the media always been a risky factor , p99 isnt different .
Old 01-08-2014, 02:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arteker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i mean is very easy to blame , ib, tmo fe and bda in the end the truth this clusterfuck is due to lack of new things to people.
Quite a bit of Kunark is new to many of the players on this server, though they don't even get the chance to get bored of it because of all the players that say it's stagnant and old, yet still play it all the damn time anyway.

If this content is so stale that the only way you can enjoy it is by making a competition out of it, why not play red and let other people enjoy what you're not having fun with?
Old 01-08-2014, 02:28 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arteker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rotations where classic in some servers and in some like stormhammer it was a GM enforced rotation with a Tier system.

yet that system was used and abused to cocblock guilds , in general there isnt any real solution.

Thats why in classic most GM in terms of raid would rather let the players fixt their troubles in game.

playing politics and with the media always been a risky factor , p99 isnt different .
Pretty much. All they need to do is add the 3-4 repops per month and any guild caught training/poopsocking/DA stalling or anything shady just ban whoever is training/Daing and disband the guild and suspend everyone from raiding for 2-4 weeks.

Unidus Bard of Dark Horizon (Retired 2004)
Last edited by Unidus; 01-08-2014 at 02:32 AM..
Old 01-08-2014, 02:30 AM
Orc

guild mergers! make more tier 1 guilds!
Old 01-08-2014, 02:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickmagnet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
would u poopsock if u weren't paid for it?
Nope. I wouldn't poopsock if I was paid for it either.
Closed Thread