Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Strongly disagree then.

I prefer to party like that with people who also like to party that way, do not fancy idea of guys getting both their non-contested rotation mobs and also coming over to competitive side. They should pick just one.
Do you not see the guild progression path laid out with Rogeans plan?

As guilds grow and experienced in Tier R, they will want more mobs than the rotation and occasional FFA period can feed them.

They will soon feel ready to be competitive for ALL mobs, and join Tier C to compete on those tier spawns and the FFA ones trying to gooble as many as they can.

If you are worried about the occasional Tier R guild snatching up a bunch of FFA spawns that is the Everquest your leaders have been preaching is the purest form.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you not see the guild progression path laid out with Rogeans plan?

As guilds grow and experienced in Tier R, they will want more mobs than the rotation and occasional FFA period can feed them.

They will soon feel ready to be competitive for ALL mobs, and join Tier C to compete on those tier spawns and the FFA ones trying to gooble as many as they can.

If you are worried about the occasional Tier R guild snatching up a bunch of FFA spawns that is the Everquest your leaders have been preaching is the purest form.
Soooo the idea is if they do snipe a mob off the Tier C cycle, they're immediately bumped to Tier C? Really confused about this aspect since I don't think it's male clear (and Chest posting that Tier R is free to snipe mobs at their leasure).

My problem with the idea of Tier R having free access to snipe mobs off Tier C constantly is that I don't respect that kind of play style at all. It teeters between competitive and casual, basically both eating and getting to keep their slice of the pie. If the server is split into chunks, casuals can have their rotation and the competitive guilds can compete. But guilds should not be allowed to have both, because that's gross. Like playing in the kid's hockey league and the adult league at the same time. If you think you're casual and need to have mobs left up just for you to see mobs, then you're in Tier R and that's how it works. But you can't do that AND then batphone raids to contest the competitive guilds. Choose one.
Last edited by Brut; 01-10-2014 at 12:11 PM..
Old 01-10-2014, 12:12 PM
Banned

Real worried bout the A-Team and their gangs of charmed mobs.

Wonder how many VoG'd dual wielding Zol/Dar Knights it takes to drop Trak.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sometimes not enough Rogean
Sometimes too much Rogean

Confucius say find happy medium of Rogean
QFT.

Kolored on Red.

Old 01-10-2014, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Soooo the idea is if they do snipe a mob off the Tier C cycle, they're immediately bumped to Tier C? Really confused about this aspect since I don't think it's male clear (and Chest posting that Tier R is free to snipe mobs at their leasure).
There are 3 cycles. Tier C, Tier R, FFA

Tier R guilds cannot snipe a Tier C spawned mob, just as Tier C guilds cannot snipe Tier R spawned mobs.

The only time a 'sniping' can occur ( for either Tier group) is during the 3rd cycle, the FFA cycle.

During FFA spawns anyone can engage anything.

The only way they get bumped up to Tier C ( currently as stands) is if they kill a VP dragon which would only occur during the FFA cycle OR if a Tier C guild 'lets' the Tier R guild have a free shot.

Does that clear your concern up?

TLDR: Tier R guilds cannot engage in any FFA versus Tier C cycle mobs unless its during the FFA cycle.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

My problem with the idea of Tier R having free access to snipe mobs off Tier C constantly is that I don't respect that kind of play style at all. It teeters between competitive and casual, basically both eating and getting to keep their slice of the pie. If the server is split into chunks, casuals can have their rotation and the competitive guilds can compete. But guilds should not be allowed to have both, because that's gross. Like playing in the kid's hockey league and the adult league at the same time. If you think you're casual and need to have mobs left up just for you to see mobs, then you're in Tier R and that's how it works. But you can't do that AND then batphone raids to contest the competitive guilds. Choose one.
My understanding of it was this:

1st spawn of Mob A: Tier C compete, and it is full out competition between anybody who is in tier C. Tier R guilds don't compete in this part. You are tier C if you down a VP mob.

2nd spawn of Mob A: Tier R guilds do what they do (rotation or whatever). Tier C can't get them? Bag limits and such. Then again, it might be that tier C can compete, but the bag limit is in place still.

3rd spawn of Mob A: FFA but PnP

...and then the cycle starts again

This is for all raid mobs except those in VP which are exclusive to tier C.

I might be understanding it incorrectly, but that's what I gathered, and a few other clauses were in it.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Aight cool. Chest was claiming the opposite which is where the confusion stems.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

What hasnt been worked out at all is if a Tier R spawned mob remains up for an inordinate amount of time ( over 6 hours or so) then it will become FFA for anyone in Tier C.

I think something like this will eventually be in there, however the Tiers need to work out this detail. We need enough time in there for casual guilds to have opportunities to form and get an attempt(s), however there needs to be a reasonable expectation that they shouldnt get too long of a time that it 'slows' down spawn cycles to the detriment of the other tier.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Real worried bout the A-Team and their gangs of charmed mobs.

Wonder how many VoG'd dual wielding Zol/Dar Knights it takes to drop Trak.

It's how Trak died the first time on the server.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5IKnThuAH0
Old 01-10-2014, 01:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's how Trak died the first time on the server.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5IKnThuAH0
WHY YOU LITTLE MAGGOTS!

YOU MAKE ME WANT TO VOMIT!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Nirgon; 01-10-2014 at 05:19 PM..
Closed Thread