Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 08:42 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisset [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're assholes?
Or...You're trying to complete with guilds who have explicitly said they don't want to compete and are still losing. But you've still managed to earn the reputation of being shitheads anyway, so there's that win, I guess.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:52 PM
Aviak

The raid rules and play nice policy are very clear and defined for the server, and don't say anything about requiring a rotation within a tier. A subset of the guilds within the R tier agreed to a rotation, but that doesn't give them the right to impose it on everyone else out there.

Just because some people currently don't want to partake in an optional and non-GM-enforced rotation, how does that make them assholes? If a guild doesn't want to partake in a rotation, that's their choice and it's for them to live with the benefits and/or consequences in-game.

Really the only "assholes" I see here are the ones that have decided that anyone who doesn't agree with their style of play are assholes and need to be called out.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Such as? I mean really what have we done thats been so bad? Is what we've done really that much worse than what other guilds have done on this server?
If it hasn't been clear over the last few weeks, the server is taking a new direction from what other guilds have done in the past. Stop pretending like this hasn't been made clear.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 01-19-2014, 08:57 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Versus

ITS OUR WAY OR THE HIGHWAY BROS. Rock on Dolj, march to your own fucking beat.

Kolored on Red.

Old 01-19-2014, 08:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefarum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really the only "assholes" I see here are the ones that have decided that anyone who doesn't agree with their style of play are assholes and need to be called out.
There are two groups of kids in the sandbox. One group wants to build sandcastles, another group wants to kick sandcastles down. They fight and fight and fight until finally the owner of the sandbox draws a line in the sand down the middle. One on side, you can kick down all the sandcastles you want. On the other side, you can build all the sandcastles you want without fear of having them kicked down. It is up to the inhabitants of the sandbox to decide which side of the line they want to play on.

Finally, the sandcastle kickers are left to kick their own sandcastles down and do whatever the fuck they want, while the sandcastle builders are left in peace to enjoy their side of the sandbox.

Until a new group of kids come in, seemingly completely oblivious to the history of play in the sandbox, and start kicking down sandcastles on the builder side just because "the server rules allow for it". And then the sandcastle builders who just finally got the opportunity to build sandcastles without having them kicked down are somehow the assholes?

Old 01-19-2014, 09:00 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or...You're trying to complete with guilds who have explicitly said they don't want to compete and are still losing. But you've still managed to earn the reputation of being shitheads anyway, so there's that win, I guess.
I mean this is what our guild kind of has a hard time wrapping its head around... We seriously can't believe that 6 guilds that all have like 50+ 60s showing up to CT/World dragons are happy with getting a boss easily with absolutely zero competition, to us it's shooting fish in a barrell isn't it enough that we get like 5 bosses that only our tier of guilds can kill... does it really have to go so far as to guaranteeing that that guild is the only one that can kill it?

Sky rotation: We're new... we saw everything being 100% contested and there were no GM slated rules and why should sky have been any different? We didn't feel that the player enforced rotation made it possible for our guild to raid the zone since all our raids were pickup. I mean we just got a batphone 2 weeks ago. I mean we only did it 3-4 times and the only guilds toes we stepped on was IB 1 time? Everyone in that guild has like 4 sky items, our guild to date has completed exactly 0 sky quest items
Old 01-19-2014, 09:03 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If it hasn't been clear over the last few weeks, the server is taking a new direction from what other guilds have done in the past. Stop pretending like this hasn't been made clear.
Absolutely agree that this server has taken a huge leap in a different direction and we are with it, have we bitched or said NO WE WON'T AGREE TO THIS? No, our leader provided his input as to which plan we liked best and the raid policy has been enforced, Have we disobeyed any of its rules? have we trained anyone? have we leapfrogged any raids since it's been enforced? We're playing ball with the rules... I'm sorry if we can't see eye to eye with the terms with your guilds have come up with? (I don't even know where to find the post for this "rotation") but really are we that much of a threat? the lockouts make it so thats not as big of a deal.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:09 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefarum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The raid rules and play nice policy are very clear and defined for the server, and don't say anything about requiring a rotation within a tier. A subset of the guilds within the R tier agreed to a rotation, but that doesn't give them the right to impose it on everyone else out there.

Just because some people currently don't want to partake in an optional and non-GM-enforced rotation, how does that make them assholes? If a guild doesn't want to partake in a rotation, that's their choice and it's for them to live with the benefits and/or consequences in-game.

The problem is that every guild in class R has gotten together and agreed to do a rotation. Every R class guild has sought to work with every other R class guild to make raiding better for everyone. Every guild except for one guild, which some how things they are just going to steam roll things and dominate the server. That is the old way which everyone who wasn't that guild hated. The vast majority of the player base does not want that, the server admins do not want that.

The competition that they seem to be wanting is there, there are class C mobs and there are FFA mobs anyone can go after those mobs. Class R mobs are the mobs that pretty much every class R guild has agreed to rotate.

Their plan would cause problems if the execution were up to par, but the way things are now there is one group of people getting hurt by their actions. It's just absurd to act like there is nothing long.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:11 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Absolutely agree that this server has taken a huge leap in a different direction and we are with it, have we bitched or said NO WE WON'T AGREE TO THIS? No, our leader provided his input as to which plan we liked best and the raid policy has been enforced, Have we disobeyed any of its rules? have we trained anyone? have we leapfrogged any raids since it's been enforced? We're playing ball with the rules... I'm sorry if we can't see eye to eye with the terms with your guilds have come up with? (I don't even know where to find the post for this "rotation") but really are we that much of a threat? the lockouts make it so thats not as big of a deal.
I'm a guild leader i got invites to meetings and I went, that is how I know about what's going on and that is how my guild can find out what is going on.

Your right the server is going in the right direction, but your guild is on a completely different trajectory.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I mean this is what our guild kind of has a hard time wrapping its head around... We seriously can't believe that 6 guilds that all have like 50+ 60s showing up to CT/World dragons are happy with getting a boss easily with absolutely zero competition, to us it's shooting fish in a barrell isn't it enough that we get like 5 bosses that only our tier of guilds can kill... does it really have to go so far as to guaranteeing that that guild is the only one that can kill it?
That's what FFA mobs are for. Feel free to compete on them all you want.

Now, if you joined the rotation, two awesome things will happen for your guild:

a) You'll get to experience the challenge of downing the raid target when your turn comes up in the rotation and reward your players with loot.

b) You won't piss off other guilds.

Quote:
Sky rotation: We're new
Right, and when you're new, you don't barge right on in and threaten agreements that guilds who have been here a very long time before you have made with each other. You respect what they have set up and work within that framework. It's the one god-damn thing we had going for all of us in the shitshow that was the raid scene.

Quote:
... we saw everything being 100% contested and there were no GM slated rules and why should sky have been any different?
Because the players banded together to make the server a better place and share.

Quote:
We didn't feel that the player enforced rotation made it possible for our guild to raid the zone since all our raids were pickup.
So that was your justification to completely disregard what everyone else had set up, basically telling them to "F off we'll do what we want" to their faces as the new kid on the block? And you're still wondering why we dislike you?

Closed Thread