Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 10:13 PM
Planar Protector

Default Derubael and gms, with all due respect...

I'd like to start off by saying I am the person that should be the most perturbed at this point. However, I am a mature adult that treats others the way he wants to be treated. In this thread I am going to strongly build my case showing that the rules were asinine, punishments unjust, and the gms enforcing them were extremely unprofessional, contradicting, biased, and, above all, WRONG

Next I would like to say that I never wanted to make this a public spectacle, but, I got ignored. As lame as it is to post it publicly, I treat others the way I want to be treated, and I return the same. I have been petitioning for weeks trying to get some gm feedback for my issue on the private petition thread.

The only responses I have been able to get are:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You were suspended by Derubael, confirmed by Sirken. You will need to talk to Sirken about it. I've marked this for him
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a ban.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sirken or myself will get back to you when we've spoken. Be patient.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its a ban

its for violating the PNP.
Quote:
Try petitioning again later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrotos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Repetition in a month. Your account was banned and will be released at a later date if we choose to do so.
For some one that has been with the project for 4 years , I feel I should have deserved better than this. Id like to point out that some gms thought I was suspended, and others said I was banned. First sign of gm contradiction

Now back to the rules….

Do you all remember the Free Andis IMMEDIATELY thread?

Its right here if you want to re-read it

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=132523

It is full of interesting posts, and right now it has me pretty furious because you will see how me and Andis were TREATED COMPLETELY DIFFERENTLY

If you don’t feel like reading it let me go over the highlights

First we have Hipponipple. You toxic contradicting fuck….

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...6&postcount=27

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple
The rules are actually very easy to follow when understood but I see why there is confusion with how it was worded. It is also understandable that some temporary bans will go out until these rules are understood. In the meantime, correcting misapplied bans is in order, including this case being discussed, to preserve box integrity.
WHERE IS YOUR SAME UNDERSTANDING FOR ME??

Ambrotos on the need to reword the PnP after he bans Andis:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrotos
If that's the case, then that's the case. We can clear up the wording and move on from there and things will reflect it. It isn't a huge deal. Either the wording needs to be better, or it is as is and it stands. I've already contacted Derubael and wait for Sirken to come out of his coma so we can talk about it.
Derubael admitting the wording of the PnP is bad, and the rules need adjusting. Just like he is doing on his most recent thread on the forums. Will I/Spectre be freed like Andis was freed when the PnP “wording was reworked”????

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael
I'll clear up the wording later today, but let's be honest guys, allowing people to kill someone based just off the fact that they aren't the original person to kill them is fucking stupid and allows for too much abuse.

If I'm playerA and I kill playerC, I can't kill playerC again. But I'm pals with playerB and I tell him, 'hey go kill that fuck again, he deserves to die.' Then I tell playerD who I'm also pals with, 'hey go kill that fuck again, he deserves to die'. Then I tell playerE...

Also, that 1 hour thing starts after the fight is over, and the player can still go get their corpse after they die. That's why it's loot and scoot, not scoot and loot. If the person can't get their corpse for an hour after they die, that kills the spirit of the rule.

I'll post clarifications later today after sirken and I have spoken about the exact wording we want.
Derubael agreeing with Stasis and company that leniency is in order and kinks still being worked out the system (and they still are, since he is yet again rewriting the rules this very day) he seems to act so fast to change the rules up when Andis is banned, but I am met with weeks of silence hmmmm:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=49

Quote:
I like it.

Like stasis just said, growing pains of a good system.

Will get back to you guys before the day is out.
A forum goer (Cyren??) in the thread flat out saying Derubael should not be handing out bans while the PnP system still being worked on(being worked on right now right??):

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...6&postcount=55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhbuh
Well then you'll probably have to alter the rules to 'no killing naked's.' If that's what you're trying to say in universal, all encompassing terms.

Either way, I wouldn't hand out bans in the beginning when the wording is still being worked on. It just feels arbitrary to the players this way.
HEARTBRAND admitting in the thread that Andis was with the pvp group that killed Puddems and Andis was just not listening. Why is Andis not still perma banned like me again??

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...3&postcount=60

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand
only backfired on ppl who don't listen in TS
Lol Anids saying he was just assisting in mass pvp, and should not be punished (but I am punished.) Also, I just got one slash on Exed. In mass PvP. How much did Andis nuke Puddems down? Need them logs.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...6&postcount=70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andis
I was rather confused as to why Lite was even in TS

I dont want anything to do with him. You all know how I feel about him.

I was just assisting Checkraise in PVP

I killed Puddems naked once, in the midst of 10v4 pvp

killed a naked once. and NOT over and over, as the PnP rules state.

server integrity, lets talk about it.
Stasis even agrees Andis should have stayed banned!

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis01
It's actually working good in-game and people aren't spamming OOC and trying to shit in others cheerios.

This situation is so blown out of proportion it's ridiculous.

Andis logs on, kills a naked guy who shouted LNS and is outraged that he took a week AFTER they said they are making examples of people killing nakeds.

Ridiculous. Stay strong GM pals.
Derubael admits that Puddems requested LnS in shout! Why was Andis freed????

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=85

Quote:
The guy did request LnS in zone btw. In shout.
Wow Ambrotos dropped a knowledge bomb on Andis. Which is worse, what Andis did as STATED BY AMBROTOS, or myself getting one slash off on Exed in TRUE mass pvp (that included RD rezzing in dead illegally)???????

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrotos
Stop using the bullshit excuse of mass pvp. You tracked down a nude ranger who just got ported in to EJ. You saw them, ran past, then ran back to them and killed them. At no other time did I see anyone else other than the 3 person gank squad.

When you make the excuse of MASS PVP, you make it sound like everyone is attacking everyone right then and there and you can't even read any chat. Stop trying to lie. Not to mention they even shouted it about 10 seconds before you engaged them. You made the excuse you saw them shout it in DLs, so it's pretty clear you can read your chat.

Things go better when you don't rant and rave, and talk yourself in a circle trying to wiggle out of something
AND… after all that, with the whole thread in agreement that Andis is dirty and violated PnP we get the final post and lock of the thread by Derubael:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=110

Quote:
Everyone settle down. Andis, I'll get with you later.

Again, will edit the PnP after Sirken and I talk.
Lol…

So rules cleared up to acuse the dirty shit Andis pulled and he is freed

I do one slash in mass guild vs guild and I am perma banned with no communication for weeks. Where is the justice?

So that concludes the second example of gm contradiction

Then this..

The Third sign of gm contradiction

The Shipit vs Exed case. Shipit was killed 3 times in the same pvp encounter in DL, with fraps video submitted as evidence. Heres what derubael had to say

Quote:
Ok, looks like the second death you decided to loot your body in the middle of mass pvp. You made no progress of zoning out, and just sat down. To everyone looking at you, it would look like you are just stupid and medding up. I can see you were camping, but you aren’t scooting. You looted you body and sat down. You being attacked then was your own fault.

The 3rd death I could almost agree with you on. You should have dragged your body to the zone line so you can loot and zone over as soon as you could. Not loot your body again in mass pvp and hope to bait someone to attack you.

Drag your body to a zone line, and zone right after.
Im pretty cool with exed, he agrees my ban was BS, but that’s besides the point. My point here is: How is killing shipit his fault, but me killing exed my fault? This is the same exact situation. When questioned about this matter heres what derubael had to say:

Quote:
Don't say you didn't know what was going to happen, or that you didn't have enough time to adjust.
Ive demonstrated the confusion about the rules. Even if I wanted to kill him the main problem I have is that it was an ACCIDENT. 1 slash. My punishment represents 0 on player intent and does not fit the crime. Then derubael has the nerve to ask:

Quote:
You should see how many red dawn/azrael petitions I've ignored in the petition forum on Nihilum PnP violations for lack of evidence or clear rules lawyering. Want to know how many people I've punished for PnP violations? 2. And I watched both of those happen. Want to know how many red players I've banned from the forums? 1, tomatoking. So how am I abusing my position again...?
You still have tune and spectre banned.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:29 PM
Sarnak

tune very toxic to the server
Old 01-19-2014, 10:29 PM
Sarnak

didn't read tho
Old 01-19-2014, 10:30 PM
Planar Protector

u should give it a go , get some popcorn its a good read
Old 01-19-2014, 10:32 PM
Banned

reroll
Old 01-19-2014, 10:32 PM
Banned

you and ender have a HISTORY of offenses

andis has none

WHOA!!!!!
Old 01-19-2014, 10:36 PM
Planar Protector

Gyno?
Old 01-19-2014, 10:42 PM
Sarnak

nah tune and spectre are toxic players who have disregarded the rules of the server since it started

both v toxic and well deserved bans on all 15 of their chars
Old 01-19-2014, 10:45 PM
Aviak

I don't know tune because I'm still a nub, but it says clearly in the forum post for staff interaction

8. GM decisions are not up for public review or debate, nor are they for you to make.. If you don't like our decisions then that's definitely your right, however you don't get the right to sit and criciticize staff decisions on the message boards and you definitely don't get to troll the staff.. we obviously reserve the right to lock and/or delete your threads if you break this rule.

What does Tune do? Make a post every hour lamenting about how he was wronged and begging for sympathy. If the GMs reverse the decision, it sets a very bad precedent in that all you have to do is keep complaining and eventually you will get your account back.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For some one that has been with the project for 4 years , I feel I should have deserved better than this.
=
"I'm special! If I break the rules, I believe that I deserve better treatment regardless of the fact that you've told me over and over again that I broke the rules!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, I just got one slash on Exed. In mass PvP.
Which means you had to target him intentionally and attack him intentionally. Which happened to be the slash that killed him. If you didn't want to risk a ban, you wouldn't have gone for it.

Quote:
I do one slash in mass guild vs guild and I am perma banned with no communication for weeks. Where is the justice?
Bind rushing Julian, contrary to PnP rules. Killing Loto during LnS, again contrary to PnP rules. The Exed factor. All in the same fight.

Just stop.
Closed Thread