Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 01:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeallunRumblebelly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get that it's all optional and for a good cause, but selling a fungi staff and xp boosts seems a lot like other emu servers which go downhill from this kind of stuff. It makes me quite uncomfortable and I'm hoping this will never become the norm, but I guess that depends on how successful it is. Anyone else feeling like this?
Bottom line is, you are one of 2 types of people that I don't even wan't to play with. 1 being that you don't support Pantheon, the type of game that EQ classic was but with a few changes, good changes which makes you stupid. 2 you play here mostly because it's free and that makes you a cheap free loader so you won't support anything you use. Either way, get the fuck out please.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad_mo123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bottom line is, you are one of 2 types of people that I don't even wan't to play with. 1 being that you don't support Pantheon, the type of game that EQ classic was but with a few changes, good changes which makes you stupid. 2 you play here mostly because it's free and that makes you a cheap free loader so you won't support anything you use. Either way, get the fuck out please.
One of those reasons is why you haven't pledged to pantheon. If you pledged, you would support these rewards im sure because they would effect you in a positive way.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad_mo123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are two types of people who play P99.

People who enjoy classic Everquest and People who want to play a free MMO and have shitty computers.

I'll give you point 2..

but get off Brads dick about Pantheon if you know ANYTHING about MMO's is that they promise you the fucking moon and they NEVER deliver.

Until I play the game I don't give into the hype at all.

Brad helped make EQ but that was 15 years ago and since then he has done NOTHING of note. His entire team is made up of the Vanguard devs that Sony did not want to keep around when they moved most of them to EQLandmark.

Again, I truely hope he hits gold with this game but after THESE failed MMOS (minus WOW) I will keep my skepticism.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:57 PM
Banned

I said it before and I'll say it again. I love EverQuest, I thank brad for what he did 15 years ago, he broke the mold and set the bar. With that said I've also had the displeasure of experiencing the hyped start and horrendous not-release (sorry, releasing alpha test quality product) of vanguard saga of heroes.

Not only did he botch it with something like 30 million dollars and 5 years of Microsoft backing, he also sold out to Sony in the end despite the entire fan community, all of his testers and his entire development team screaming for him not to. He abandoned us then, that betrayal should not go rewarded.

You ask why people don't support this 'cause'? I ask why people with such disposable incomes don't donate their money to charity or something else that'd actually accomplish something.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:02 PM
Banned

Heallun is a swell guy, always helps out people and does favors. You're an idiot that just doesn't know him but nice assumptions.

I don't wanna bitch either but the early access velious was a dumb idea.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Heallun is a saint. Shut your face.

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 02-03-2014, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Took [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heallun is a swell guy, always helps out people and does favors. You're an idiot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by radditsu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heallun is a saint. Shut your face.
Heallun drives me insane because of his min max practicality, but I challenge you to find someone more knowledgeable about the game, plays better, and cooler to talk to. Shut your peasant anon troll mouth Brad.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heallun drives me insane because of his min max practicality, but I challenge you to find someone more knowledgeable about the game, plays better, and cooler to talk to. Shut your peasant anon troll mouth Brad.
Hokushin / Sentenza I'd say are better players than I am. I may have more knowledge of random shit but they are really very, very good. Getsome also is very good, even moreso when you include his administrative skills.

That said, I've been here since October 09, who is this guy? Only Brad I knew was Braad Mcquaid the druid :P
Old 02-03-2014, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Also thanks for the kind words :3 I've been really busy running chardok AE (holding 3 lists, playing wiz, selling things on the side) that I haven't been able to keep up on the forum.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:00 PM
Planar Protector

And fucking furthermore I've been following this (and B McQ) since pre vanguard. I was there for the hilarious kraken talk (God it's happening again). I was there posting in the Rerolled boards about this game before it had a name. I was the first person to mention the game once it had a name and again when it had a kickstarter in the OT boards. I care an unhealthy amount about Pantheon: ROTF.
Closed Thread