Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 11:04 PM
Planar Protector

races, not teams.. imo the more teams the better
Old 02-11-2014, 12:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by phacemeltar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the more teams the better
One team per city ya'll.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:14 AM
Banned

team declared dead months ago
Old 02-11-2014, 04:01 AM
Sarnak

I love the fantasy horror scenarios that act like item loot PVP didn't exist on classic, and totally rock.

If yer sitting around AFK like an idiot waiting for a wizard to drop a nuke on you in sebilis then you're going to learn pretty quick to stop wearing your gear worth big money, and if that wizzie is alone you are going to drop him pretty quick and if he is naked he is going to be like a 2 hit kill for your gang. Forget about it.

You learn to protect your equipment and you learn when you want to go all out in PVP. Its scary and more fun...and you definitely obviously collect a set of no drop stuff that is as good as possible so you can pvp care free. Both ways are fun and it means people are putting something at risk when they wear maxxed out crazy gear.

Items getting taken stimulates the economy as more people have items to sell that they hijacked off of other players so the economy wouldn't be a totally stale dead place like it is on red99. Stuff was so affordable on Rallos Zek it wasn't even funny (compared to these servers)

Its like you imagine some naked wizzie who logs on ever few hours and gets himself a fungi tunic off the nearest melee AFKing nearby or something. Ridiculous scare tactics from world of warcraft players or people that only care about keeping a server stagnant and collecting pixels while the level 1-50 population is non existent and 75 percent of the content is unused because no one bothers to be anything but top level. It all makes the game a lot less enjoyable and prevents anyone from coming here.

Item loot would mean a legitimately different experience than any other currently played MMO type game anywhere, it is a real reason to play this game as opposed to other MMO's and the fact that duping and other types of cheats aren't present here means that the fighting has real meaning and the items have real value. It is more fun, it is more risky, it is more scary, everything you do is more important, and the people around you that see you at 3% hp and don't kill you become your real friends, and the people that decide to take a cheap shot become real legitimate and permanent enemies and the whole community knows them for the type of greedy PK they are. Its a different game completely and everyone is missing out by being too uncomfortable to try to play a game where PVP is actually meaningful.
Last edited by Yukahwa; 02-11-2014 at 04:06 AM..
Old 02-11-2014, 06:01 AM
Sarnak

Feel free to make TOV junk lootable or whatever other scheme you can think of to make item loot more fair at top level. I don't really care about the top level, that is a place that is really reserved for the most devoted, and guys that spend 6hr a day to get TOV gear should get some advantages for it, though possibly having full no drop that craps on everything you own might not be fair. I'm not sure. I never did item loot PVP at high level. You did? Think of a fix and maybe it will be worth trying. Lets do this.

And your "i'm a total asshole look u should hate me" technique for low level PKing? Whatever no one would care. Do it all day long. Noobs you are killing will just wear cloth or nothing for a while until you go away or they kill you or they move on. No big deal. Other people might not be total assholes like you, but you can do that if you want.

I'd kill for 100 people doing what you described, that would be 100 low level PKs for people to PVP against, and that would be PVPing eachother too. What a great world that would be.

Again, I agree with you that there seems to be some consequences to item loot at the top tier of the game that might make the whole thing a little unfair at that stage. I'm really not sure. Maybe you can uhh i dunno join that guild that has way better gear than you? Make a bigger guild to beat them with strict numbers even tho you are just in planar no drop and maybe some stuff from VP?

Maybe when a person wears good no drop gear (like planar plus) and their corpse is looted, 1 random item is either looted or destroyed based on whether or not it was no drop. That way everyone is risking something and you also cant exploit the system to basically trade TOV gear that is not meant to be tradeable. Sound good? You can put your ultimate scheme forward and we will roll with it.

Right now I'm thinking the best solution is 1 random item that is not in pri/sec/rang or bagged should be automatically looted if droppable or destroyed if no drop when someone dies to PVP and their killer right clicks their dead body. That sounds pretty solid. Grief could be a problem? but it always can be. With new play nice policy i guess it should be A-OK.
Last edited by Yukahwa; 02-11-2014 at 06:04 AM..
Old 02-11-2014, 11:19 AM
Sarnak

Regardless of teams design, it would be very easy to make tuw rogue epic and all epics have a level requirement. I agree that as far as twinking goes, level 20 epic rogues were out of control. In pop era on rallos it was especially ridiculous
Old 02-11-2014, 11:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
only 2 teams imo
population too small to divide it up that much
Old 02-12-2014, 01:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nigs be hatin. Sirken said on twitch last night teams will get crackin after Velious. Your dick riding skills declared dead months ago.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:04 AM
Banned

Wow PvP is right over there ----------------------------------->
Old 02-12-2014, 01:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]