Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 04:23 PM
Kobold

Default Stein of Moggok Quest question

I am about to start off a new enchanter, I know the quest can be done at 8 with a Dark Elf, but how hard is it with a say, High elf? An Agnostic one of course.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:57 PM
Fire Giant

Same difficulty, you just have to wait for 12 for illusion: dark elf.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:43 AM
Fire Giant

Yep, easily done at level 12 regardless of race as long as you're agnostic. Be sure to make a koalindl killing alt. Avoid that faction hit!
Old 02-15-2014, 02:18 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Or, do it with no faction hits. Do the Tonic Quest. When heading to Euridin stop off at Surefall and get the stuff from Druid that has to be turned in to the Gnome in Tick Tock City. Donate for ports to get around. More fun than trying to kill that }#%* fish that does not drop every time .
Old 02-16-2014, 12:50 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or, do it with no faction hits. Do the Tonic Quest. When heading to Euridin stop off at Surefall and get the stuff from Druid that has to be turned in to the Gnome in Tick Tock City. Donate for ports to get around. More fun than trying to kill that }#%* fish that does not drop every time .
I did this today and did not con Frostbite. I forgot I usually use half Elf with no problem. Stupid dog would not puke.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:03 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I've done the regurgatonic quest twice now... once as human, and once in Illusion: Barbarian after casting alliance (took me to amiable w/ Frostbite) and in neither case did he puke up anything. :/ Time to go kill fishies, I guess.

Tymothy - Human Enchanter and part time Qeynosian lamp post.

Kryll - High Elf Cleric of Tunare (like I had a choice)
Andumar - Half Elven Bard, because I guess I like support classes

Ever de-level just so you can hear the "ding" sound again? Uh... yeah... me neither...
Old 04-18-2014, 01:30 AM
Sarnak

The thing to remember about going the Regurgitonic route is that, that ol' crankcase Kimble sometimes gets the formula wrong and the potion doesn't work as intended. If you cast Identify on the Regurgitonic, sometimes it will reveal that is it a "Bad" mix, and you should try the quest again. Helluva timesink, if ya ask me. Just make a mule and slice up some tasty koalindl =)
Old 04-18-2014, 02:52 AM
Fire Giant

This server follows old classic retail in that an agnostic dark elf enchanter can run the quest from start to finish at just level 4, IF they did a sufficient number of Jamam and Rebby note passing for Freeport faction. Alliance isn't required - illusions human, half elf, and invisibility will get the job done.

The agnostic high elf will require level 12 for the dark elf illusion, and since you have Alliance from level 8 you can skip the Freeport faction work. If you're in a hurry, the DE will get it done way faster, but you can use the bone chip quest in Kaladim + CB belt turn ins to help reach 12 in a hurry.

Final note - there's a very low percentage chance that killing a Koalindl in Qeynos will spawn a Rodcet Nife avatar fish that will kick the crap out of your character if your faction sucks. so your best bet is to use a mule to kill the fish, but then again, it's a small hassle to switch to your main and loot the dead fish within the time frame without a mishap.
Closed Thread