Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 02:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, and I agree with +/- 4 level range. Sounds classic.
I would be so happy if this goes, not only does it help the server gain pop but also shows who has skill
Old 02-16-2014, 02:41 PM
Banned

exp bonus is nice but its gone 50+ and theres nothing but toxic neckbeards

highest I ever got was 3 blues in 55 and people just love to bind camp me and staff do nothing

server will never be successful due to bad players and bad staff.

it will spike to 500 for a couple months for velious, but once people get bored of that will sink to 200 then 100 then die.

enjoy my nuts
Old 02-16-2014, 02:43 PM
Banned

people probably wouldnt bind camp you if you didnt spew how bad the server is and other bullshit in ooc all day long
Old 02-16-2014, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Leave a 100% modifier remove all other bonus
Agreed, at least for the time being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Put in grouping exp bonus
I guess I'm ok with that.

Quote:
Remove hybrid exp penalty
This is being done eventually, I don't see an issue with doing it now. On blue you can't get a group as a hybrid very easily because the entire group understand it is quite literally slowing them down to use one.

Quote:
Allow two boxing until 500 pop achieved
As someone who would benefit massively from this because I have access to a 60 cleric, ench, porting characters, etc I still don't like it. I can't give you a great reason why I'm so opposed to it, aside from the fact that it would become the new requirement to min/max. Maybe because EQ is a game built in a way that makes 2 boxing super easy and effective.

Quote:
Moderate ooc
I agree in theory, but manpower is something we typically lack from the staff. Even more so on red than blue.

Quote:
Blue copies or transfers
I guess at the end of the day I'm ok with a 1 way gearless transfer. My preference would still be to make people level up and gain some sort of attachment though. You're also not addressing the true problem with this solution, there is little to no 1-50 population. A healthy server would mean I could create a level 1 and pretty much be able to find groups all the way to 60.

Quote:
More reasonable punishments for people based on prior history etc. Send warning tells for non game breaking behaviors.
Total agreement here. I'd go a step further and actually define the punishments people would get for lets say, a 1st and 2nd time PNP violation, a 1st time exploit punishment, etc. Personally I have no issue at all busting out the banhammer for a first time exploiter but a PNP violation? Please. To use Jibekn as an example since he is a member of the side opposite to me, what he did was pretty stupid and obviously against the rules but I would not say a full ban is warranted. Give him a week timeout as a first time offender, kick it up to a month for a 2nd time, and 3rd strike and you're gone.

Quote:
On the other side, perma ban all accounts repeatedly of certain trolls who are here only to ruin the box. We know who they are.
If rules aren't being broken you can't punish people just for being a pain in the ass. That opens up all sorts of issues. A lot of people would say what Chewie does with FoH in Lguk is the ultimate troll, but could you honestly say he deserves a ban for it?

Quote:
Start moderating the fucking pvp boards and punish game accounts. Obviously warn people first, etc, but if people can't learn to relax and keep posting burn it down then burn their accounts down. Maybe even raffle their gear off their accounts to new players for lulz.

Box fixed.
I wouldn't mind at all people being total douchebags on the forums receiving some punishment in game. In some ways I would miss Stasis and Colgate though.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

Feeling pretty eye for an eye atm, so:

lol red.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Derubael,

I registered on here just to reply to your suggestions for the server, and as someone who literally started for the first time yesterday allow me to give some input from my perspective as a new player.

So I create my first and only character, Squire, a High Elf Paladin, and I begin killing bats and decaying skeletons as per usual, there is maybe 1 or 2 other people in Fay, mostly passing through. I figure I’ll see more people in Crushbone or in BB due to the rings and docks and carry on. At level 3, I move to the Kaladim newbie area to start collecting bone chips, same thing. I have the entire zone to myself.

I later move into Crushbone, around level 5, still the only person in the zone.

I'm pathetically beating shit down solo. I maybe run into one or two other people around Orc Hill and the Kelethin lifts, my only source of entertainment is the occasional cult-like chanting of "Pras" following some yellow text or some shit talk. Otherwise it’s the “wooshing” ambient sound of running around a polygon elf forest and my wife not shutting the fuck up in the next room.

I'd love to group, in no small part due to the fact that I'm a melee in patchwork, but it just isn't going to happen. The current population cannot support a network of groups at all level ranges, and holy fuck, if there wasn't an exp bonus I'd probably still be level 4, crying myself to sleep killing decaying skeletons and either rolled a druid with the explicit intention of supporting a Paladin via farming, not out of a desire to, but out of necessity, or to just simply quit. How about you let me play the character I want with a real-world individual exp bonus which also encourages people who are already 60 to make alts so I actually encounter someone?

Your notions about people wanting to be the fucking fellowship of the ring make me wonder if I've actually put more play time into red than you at this point. Likewise, this isn't most peoples first time playing Everquest, I don't want to "savor" being a dickless nothing jousting the one other person I encountered, who was a level 6 rogue with an epic. I want to get to where the party is, and have my asshole destroyed as soon as I ding 52.

Your ideas are great, for this hypothetical Teams server I read about, but not for red and it’s current incarnation, leave the changes to Alecta.

p.s. I named myself Squire and not Badass Champion Paladin Tarwine Jr because I have little PvP experience and would like to learn more. If anyone wants to give me some pointers on jousting etc I'd love to learn. Also, if anyone has some extra Paladin gear they wouldn't mind getting rid of I'd appreciate it.
Even with this exp bonus your better off just rolling a druid to support your paladin. In fact that make it easier. Once you hit 40+ you can farm your first 2kplat and level your pladin to 40 in 2-3 days solo not bothering to group with any 2hs you can afford. Hence that is all your ever going to see happening on this box.

No pvp for your mighty paladin in Crushbone unless it's vs Ironlion or Macewindu. And they only play once a week. Not to mention you will just get destroyed in patchwork anyway. Still better off as a druid.

With the exp bonus what were seeing is people might as well log in bound in OT or FV with level 40+ chars and bronze, with a kunark weapon. Right after hitting char select. Unless they do something and try to play an untwinked melee. In that case they should have to wait 1 week to log in their chars after creation.
Last edited by runlvlzero; 02-16-2014 at 02:57 PM..
Old 02-16-2014, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

Tecmos much respect for your solo artist challenge work on blue. You should play on red some time all those money camps are available probably 95% of the time. We also enjoy certain tactical advantages like being able to gflux each other without use of the /duel command (just one example).
Old 02-16-2014, 02:55 PM
Banned

Derubael is completely wrong as most server GM's are, it's no surprise.

The problem isn't being sky rocketed into 52-60 range with SUPER FAST ELITE EXP, it's that 1-50 are actually doable/fun, and 51-60 are the equivalent to gouging your eyes out with a fucking fork.

The REAL problem with our EXP modifier, is that it really doesn't even fucking scratch the surface of how gay and hard this box is.

Basically you have to endure 6 months torture from max geared neckbeards chasing down EXP grps to get 52-60, if you don't know anyone you'll most likely quit, there's no incentive to grouping and helping out the little guy as they will ultimately join Nihi or quit with all your investment.

52-60 is a fucking joke of a grind for this kind of population/server type, way too fucking long/no grp bonuses.

1-50 is mostly in empty zones by yourself, yeah making this a longer process will surely make people gain more PVP knowledge getting shit on by FOH twinks or playing SOLO.

Either way, if you want to improve the grouping/population side of Red99 and not focus on end-game which is what repops/PNP/and the changes recently have been most helpful to and the game is add a MASSIVE GROUPING BONUS, REMOVE CLASS PENALTIES.

NO GLOBAL EXP BONUS, PER PERSON % EXP BONUS GROUPING, DONT MAKE 52-60 TAKE 6 MONTHS VS GEARED NECKBEARDS, DON'T KEEP IT 8 LEVEL LIMIT, GG, STUPID THREAD.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Stasis with his typical constructive feedback.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:01 PM
Banned

It's going in the complete wrong direction of what needs to happen.

This is fucking 1999 EQ EMU box, all these toons will be gone someday, this shit means nothing.

Making people grind a year to get 60, getting shit on by established players 80% of the time is a STUPID MODEL, make it easier for people to get to 60 by implementing good GROUP BONUSES, REDUCE PVP LEVEL LIMIT TO 56, AND FUCKING REDUCE THE EXP PER LEVEL 51-60.

God it's like fucking painful talking to people here, 99% of you are FUCKING DUMB.
Closed Thread