Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 11:50 PM
Aviak

To be honest, I'd like some raw data on the population from lvls 10-45, this will be an overestimate since some of those will belong to people who already have 60s but at least there is a number, instead of just what one thinks it is. I'm not fond for changes based on 'whims' especially if there is no data to support it. I'm willing to change my position if I'm proven wrong but I need to be convinced with more than just words.

Of course, right now, I'm only basing my thoughts on my own personal experiences and what I read here, but I don't think i'm that far from the reality. But, as the trolls like to say, Got prof?
Old 02-18-2014, 12:59 AM
Banned

midnight report (eastern)
126 players

1-20: 21
21-40: 26
41-60: 79

can check this for yourself... / count # # all
(ex. "/ count 51 55 all" gives the result of 16 players
Old 02-18-2014, 02:07 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Releasing new content is the only assured way to quickly increase the population. There was a reason SOE released 3 or 4 new expansions yearly. Red (And Blue) are currently stuck with the same content after they have been killing it for twice as long as anyone did on Live.
People get to 60 and then quickly become bored at the repetition and quit. The Kunark release on both servers was proof of this.

Instead of expending countless hours creating and implementing new changes to the Red server, it might be a better use of that time and effort to work on getting the Velious release ready. Velious will give you 6 months to a year to work on and add changes to help the server.

SOE is a multi-billion dollar company and the only solution they could think of to keep people playing the endgame was to add more and more. Some expansions were even released before they were completed because guilds were dying from stagnation.

A former guide wrote an article once about how when Planes of Power was released the Elemental Planes and Time were barely half completed. Guides were even told that if they went to those zones they would be fired, banned and possibly even sued because the GMs did not want anyone knowing how unfinished the expansion was. The guy was curious so he waited until the middle of the night and used his powers as a Guide to zone into the Elementals and Time.

Do you understand what all that means? There is no final solution. Nothing exists to make EQ better for both the casual and hardcore populations. A million brilliant little Japanese people couldn't figure it out, so if anyone thinks they know how to fix Red they are conceited and delusional.

Verant understood this, that's why this game was supposed to END with Velious. EQ was designed to be born and die within 3 years and in doing so begin EQ2. SOE bought out Verant and continued the game so keep the monthly subscriptions coming in but never figured out how to increase the playerbase or keep current players except by constantly adding content.
This is not possible here, so what is needed are the bandaids people complain about. Small and adaptable fixes are the only hope to keep a server alive, but thriving is pretty much out of the question. Even the boosts from new content are more like cancer going into remission before a relapse that is worse than ever.

"I once was sad because I had no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet."

Stop complaining about what you don't have and be appreciative of what you do have. I would much rather have a GM like Deru who is trying to help, and for free, than a dozen GMs that wouldn't give a shit about you if they weren't getting a paycheck.

Most of you are acting like ungrateful and spoiled little pricks throwing a tantrum because you aren't getting what you want. Playing a 15 year old game shouldn't be a reason to act like an immature 15 year old.

P.S. Stasis, please stop talking. Your opinion is no more meaningful or right than Faerie's or anyone else's. I have yet to see you make a post without condescending and/or insulting someone while acting like you are better than they are. You're just an obnoxious hypocrit with an overinflated sense of your self-worth.
I am arrogant as well, but I didn't guild hop my way through the server and talk shit about Nihilum only after I left. That was you, and you're just another angry person who is probably lashing out at the things he sees in other that he hates about himself.
Boom.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:56 AM
Banned

I pretty much agree with Cid here. However for fun we can all come back once a year and try and enjoy our favorite parts over and over again.

I really missed out on 1-50 and still havn't gotten to experience it much apart from blue99.

That means there's a huge market for 1-50 classic box R99. I know everyone here's like DRAGRON PRIXELZFIGHTZ)R1111!!!

But trust me. There's tons of fun to be had if we just gave the classic world some love and made a great RZ museum out of it. Rather than worrying about population and VERRIZUOUS 11111

Yes, I still want you guys to have verrious, teams99, your dragron praxalz.

But fuck... the point of Project 1999 was to perfect classic EQ.

There's people out there trying and even working on non-titanium clients that can further this experience.

Let's do it. IMO.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Releasing new content is the only assured way to quickly increase the population. There was a reason SOE released 3 or 4 new expansions yearly. Red (And Blue) are currently stuck with the same content after they have been killing it for twice as long as anyone did on Live.
People get to 60 and then quickly become bored at the repetition and quit. The Kunark release on both servers was proof of this.

Instead of expending countless hours creating and implementing new changes to the Red server, it might be a better use of that time and effort to work on getting the Velious release ready. Velious will give you 6 months to a year to work on and add changes to help the server.

SOE is a multi-billion dollar company and the only solution they could think of to keep people playing the endgame was to add more and more. Some expansions were even released before they were completed because guilds were dying from stagnation.

A former guide wrote an article once about how when Planes of Power was released the Elemental Planes and Time were barely half completed. Guides were even told that if they went to those zones they would be fired, banned and possibly even sued because the GMs did not want anyone knowing how unfinished the expansion was. The guy was curious so he waited until the middle of the night and used his powers as a Guide to zone into the Elementals and Time.

Do you understand what all that means? There is no final solution. Nothing exists to make EQ better for both the casual and hardcore populations. A million brilliant little Japanese people couldn't figure it out, so if anyone thinks they know how to fix Red they are conceited and delusional.

Verant understood this, that's why this game was supposed to END with Velious. EQ was designed to be born and die within 3 years and in doing so begin EQ2. SOE bought out Verant and continued the game so keep the monthly subscriptions coming in but never figured out how to increase the playerbase or keep current players except by constantly adding content.
This is not possible here, so what is needed are the bandaids people complain about. Small and adaptable fixes are the only hope to keep a server alive, but thriving is pretty much out of the question. Even the boosts from new content are more like cancer going into remission before a relapse that is worse than ever.

"I once was sad because I had no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet."

Stop complaining about what you don't have and be appreciative of what you do have. I would much rather have a GM like Deru who is trying to help, and for free, than a dozen GMs that wouldn't give a shit about you if they weren't getting a paycheck.

Most of you are acting like ungrateful and spoiled little pricks throwing a tantrum because you aren't getting what you want. Playing a 15 year old game shouldn't be a reason to act like an immature 15 year old.

P.S. Stasis, please stop talking. Your opinion is no more meaningful or right than Faerie's or anyone else's. I have yet to see you make a post without condescending and/or insulting someone while acting like you are better than they are. You're just an obnoxious hypocrit with an overinflated sense of your self-worth.
I am arrogant as well, but I didn't guild hop my way through the server and talk shit about Nihilum only after I left. That was you, and you're just another angry person who is probably lashing out at the things he sees in other that he hates about himself.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-18-2014, 02:16 PM
Banned

Sorta in response to Cid, and others here...

Deru is hands down the best guide/Gm this box/community has had to date. Sirken is alright. But Deru is emotionally invested in this experience and shows it still. Sirken. Thanks for helping bring someone like Deru on bored. I know your not in the forefront fighting flames and speculating on the future. As well as Zade and the other's. But you guys brought Alecta and Deru on the team and I think the community has improved quite a bit since you guys started caring about individual player experiences. I know people say --- oh you just care about numbers. And to some extent I think you guys might to varying degrees.

I feel like we were listened to though. Specifically people like me who said... please see and experience this project for what it is. It feels like players and Staff are much more deeply connected on these issues now.

So thanks. And I know we can't all take an active hand on the server or in this community because our lives are important. So if things slow down or don't move fast at all. Yep. I've learned a lot being here. And I like to look back in and see how things are going. I smile when people make posts about 3 guilds doing stuff on simulated repop day.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorta in response to Cid, and others here...

Deru is hands down the best guide/Gm this box/community has had to date. Sirken is alright. But Deru is emotionally invested in this experience and shows it still. Sirken. Thanks for helping bring someone like Deru on bored. I know your not in the forefront fighting flames and speculating on the future. As well as Zade and the other's. But you guys brought Alecta and Deru on the team and I think the community has improved quite a bit since you guys started caring about individual player experiences. I know people say --- oh you just care about numbers. And to some extent I think you guys might to varying degrees.

I feel like we were listened to though. Specifically people like me who said... please see and experience this project for what it is. It feels like players and Staff are much more deeply connected on these issues now.

So thanks. And I know we can't all take an active hand on the server or in this community because our lives are important. So if things slow down or don't move fast at all. Yep. I've learned a lot being here. And I like to look back in and see how things are going. I smile when people make posts about 3 guilds doing stuff on simulated repop day.
runlvlzero banned again?
Old 02-18-2014, 03:11 PM
Sarnak

I think this is the first time I've ever seen Derubael post something that isn't completely retarded. +1 pal, you maybe get it.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Sektor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallyd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think this is the first time I've ever seen Derubael post something that isn't completely retarded. +1 pal, you maybe get it.
sup nerd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffpuppy View Post
Saint Sektor cleansing the server of sick humans. This guy deserves VIP / Contributor status.
Closed Thread