Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 12:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archestratie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For sure. I logged on my old toon about two years ago and went to Freeport. I had no idea what to do. I didn't recognize anything, so I just logged back off. It was really disapointing.
i may get flamed for this but its all good.

at first i thought the new FP was completely retarded. i hated it. then i started to really look around and it actually felt like a city. old FP never felt like a city to me much like qeynos. it was just a bunch of houses smashed into each other. the new FP walls and shit make it seem like a real trading port. anyways i like the new MT as well (misty thicket.) i think if you put nostalgia aside, the new zones are actually an improvement.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rec [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and it will have audio triggers!
So get GamTextTriggers...

I can't stomach the thought of levelling a toon up to raiding level using the lead-'em-by-the-nose quest/mission/whatever WOWclone bullshit that Live is now.

No thanks from me.

Regards,
Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Old 02-19-2014, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgellan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So get GamTextTriggers...

I can't stomach the thought of levelling a toon up to raiding level using the lead-'em-by-the-nose quest/mission/whatever WOWclone bullshit that Live is now.

No thanks from me.

Regards,
Mg
live is still grinding btw. there is quests for gear tho which is nice. finally everquest has quests.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

newb armor quests were one of the smartest things they ever did. you cant change my mind on that one.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:43 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-19-2014, 12:49 PM
Aviak

If the server was accessible from Free2Play I would give it a shot. No reason not to.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:15 PM
Aviak

I'd pay monthly to play a pre pop server. But I certainly wouldn't want remodeled zones like Freeport. If the graphics are newer than when I quit I'd be fine with that too, but no new additions like guildhall crap
Old 02-19-2014, 01:54 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SoE brings down servers as fast as they go up.

Trakanon (the last blue server to go up in 2008) lasted all of a few months before they decided to nuke it, move people to Tunare and do progression servers instead.
Vox(regular blue server) was launched in spring 2012 and still going strong - although recent idiotic changes might change that (as it might for all the remaining servers).
Old 02-19-2014, 01:58 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What expansion introduced Defiant Armor?
The introduction of Defiant stuff wasn't tied to any expansion as such, but it was added sometime between launch of SoF and SoD ... and a 1000 curses on whoever decided this was good idea.

Defiant stuff aside then imo SoD was the last truly good expansion. It cleaned up most of the Discord Lore mess created by GoD+OoW and tied it to the events of PoP.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:32 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I would definitely play this server. Although they HAD this server, all they had to do was "officially" support accessing it via PC and charge a subscription fee and it would have been sustainable, I would think.

If they're going to use the same code base as live, they may as well lock us at Omens of War... say what you want, but LoY + LDoN + GoD + OoW were great expansions past PoP imo.
Closed Thread