Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 06:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I won't argue that the Big Ten is the best conference in college football, since I think the SEC probably is... but Big Ten football in my opinion is the most competitive.
Pretty sure I conceded that the SEC is probably the best conference in college football right now President [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-31-2010, 08:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure I conceded that the SEC is probably the best conference in college football right now President [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aye you did, but you added a quotation about getting Nebraska in, hinting you might challenge the SEC. And no mention of other conferences makes me think you assume Big 10 is the second best conference. Though, I am pretty sure on my first read through I misread something there, because my response wasn't really necessary for your statement haha.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:26 PM
The Protector of Sunder

Nebraska has had one decent season in the past 11, hardly think they're going to put you guys over the top.

However he's right about the Big 10 being the most competitive BCS conference within it's own league, once they go up against outside competition though it's a different story.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:27 PM
The Protector of Sunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by President [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not orangebloods... Shaggybevo, burnt orange nation, mackbrown-texasfootball, bevobeat, and 24/7texas.
Pfft you read webpages that literally steal their info from the OB message boards.

Well aside from MB but that's cheating but they don't do shit besides post pictures and the schedule.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrano [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pfft you read webpages that literally steal their info from the OB message boards.

Well aside from MB but that's cheating but they don't do shit besides post pictures and the schedule.
I wouldn't call shaggybevo much of a football discussion board. It's more of a talk a bunch of shit about each other with the occasional thing taken from ESPN/OB/ETC. I would recommend checking out their MS paint threads.. heres a few gems from the most recent one:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I would hardly say Burnt Orange Nation steals anything, its mostly opinionated articles. Texas24/7 is a new board with two insiders, mostly has to do with recruiting. Bevobeat is also the Longhorn section of the Austin American Statesman... so.. not really man!
Old 09-02-2010, 12:17 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by President [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

hahahaa
Old 09-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Oh gosh. College football has to be all around me, now it's on the forums for the friggin game i play :P

Background: I'm full-time staff at Florida State University, and as you might know, football is pretty big around here (despite our mediocre seasons the past like 7-8 years)...I use gamedays as a time to do shopping I would otherwise not be inclined to do.

I might flip channels and glance at the score every now and then, but I'm just not that into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:19 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh gosh. College football has to be all around me, now it's on the forums for the friggin game i play :P

Background: I'm full-time staff at Florida State University, and as you might know, football is pretty big around here (despite our mediocre seasons the past like 7-8 years)...I use gamedays as a time to do shopping I would otherwise not be inclined to do.

I might flip channels and glance at the score every now and then, but I'm just not that into it.
Gee thanks buzz killington.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:36 AM
The Protector of Sunder

It's been well documented that the "insiders" of nearly all the other recruiting websites traffic much of their information from the OB message boards which isn't always posted by Ketchum and co.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrano [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's been well documented that the "insiders" of nearly all the other recruiting websites traffic much of their information from the OB message boards which isn't always posted by Ketchum and co.
As I stated earlier, the only thing site which I would consider even having "insiders" is http://texas.247sports.com/. Have you even looked at it? The majority of what I read is opinionated articles, I'd rather not pay to talk horns football. I've also always been under the impression Ketch was a joke as an insider from what I've seen posted around.
Closed Thread