Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 09:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If they do decide to implement something like this then watch the number of online people permanently drop to the very low hundreds - if even that many.
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah aha

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 02-19-2014, 09:17 PM
Fire Giant

is kinda funny to see the classic or dies in here

not sure this change not being in 'trivializes' anything currently
Old 02-19-2014, 09:22 PM
Planar Protector

In fairness, the fanatics are the sort of folks who'd do something really nutso, like invest thousands of hours into building an emulator server of that game. I sure never would have, so I guess I'm glad such folks exist.

Danth
Old 02-19-2014, 09:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin5k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow some real babies in here.
It was classic and it rocked.
I don't get the concept of flaming people who disagree with things like this topic. It's a stupid mechanic. The question is whether or not that statement is even relevant, I.E - regardless of opinions it's in or it isn't. The server has been up for 5 years. If it was this way from the start I could totally understand. But to make a major change like this 5 years into the server to me makes little sense. I came here for the classic experience, but am relieved at the fact that I also don't have to "suck up" *every single* dumb mechanic the original game had.

If that makes me a "baby" so be it. With that said, arguing about it is moot because it's nilbog's server and if he wants to implement he will implement it. That's pretty much the bottom line.

If it gets implemented will I still play? Of course! Will I be happy? No way! But it's not my decision to make nor is it anyone else's but nilbog et al, and I believe they stated they're working on it or at least the intent was to make this change. Is what it is. As was stated, humans rarely choose to nerf themselves, and I'm not going to choose this mechanic unless it is part of the server rule book.

Typing from my phone sucks.

Edit: the talk about it being a balance against casters. What's the balance for all the über twinked melee running around? I don't think I've had one group without at least one melee char twinked to the 9s. Including 2 epic rogues in their teens. I've nothing against twinking and find it fun myself but don't get the argument about caster balance when rogues can MQ their epic at level one. Seems like a fair compromise.
Last edited by BahamutDF; 02-19-2014 at 09:37 PM..
Old 02-19-2014, 09:28 PM
Planar Protector

spell book medding was the one thing i hated while playing let it be gone forever i say
Old 02-19-2014, 09:30 PM
Banned

this server is founded on classic fanaticism.
THATS WHY IT'S THE BESTEST
Old 02-19-2014, 10:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtnap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The number of people here for the wrong reasons is starting to bother me. Why the hell are people here for Classic EQ, and then saying "We don't want classic!"

Classic up or get out.
I've noticed a lot more people that are here because it is free. Its also fun. Free fun.

How dare they not be classic die hards! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-19-2014, 11:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamutDF [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit: the talk about it being a balance against casters. What's the balance for all the über twinked melee running around? I don't think I've had one group without at least one melee char twinked to the 9s. Including 2 epic rogues in their teens. I've nothing against twinking and find it fun myself but don't get the argument about caster balance when rogues can MQ their epic at level one. Seems like a fair compromise.
Getting it right doesn't necessarily have anything to do with balance. Classic EQ was probably one of the most unbalanced top tier MMOs ever made. The comparison of why melee can be twinked to caster spell books just doesn't even make sense to me...they are totally unrelated issues.

If you want to see the natural progression EQ takes when you pursue balance you need look no further than the current live game----which many people (despite what you hear on p99) actually still enjoy.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:18 PM
Orc

Let's kickstart a game where you just stare at a black screen 80% of the time, that should satisfy your needs.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:35 PM
Fire Giant

Make it so the blind spell actually just gives you a giant spell book on your screen instead of black nothingness. This way we can tell how Nilbog keeps his spells sorted.

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Closed Thread