Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elissa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't get to sit AFK at a camp w/ a spawn up indefinitely (regardless of what you think the AFK camping rule means).

i apologize if i wasn't clear, this is exactly my point. when the spawn actually repops, if you're afk the camp is up for grabs. However, I (for example) am allowed to drop Froglok Squire and stay hidden afk for 22 mins (right?) then drop him when repops without being contested - unless I am afk when he respawns.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:16 PM
Sarnak

There was a verbal agreement the camp was the OPs. That for me is a - take this treehopper dude w/ a grain of salt - sign. If someone's word is only good until I waste 2 minutes of their time while I afk for an emergency, then I don't want to deal with that person.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noleafclover [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There was a verbal agreement the camp was the OPs. That for me is a - take this treehopper dude w/ a grain of salt - sign. If someone's word is only good until I waste 2 minutes of their time while I afk for an emergency, then I don't want to deal with that person.
However, there still appears to be a significant difference of opinion between the parties as to who the camp belonged to.

Bottom line: OP is trying to ruin a someone's rep in a situation where /regardless/ of who the camp really belonged to, OP was AFK when the AC showed up and for some period of time after. We'll ignore that he's also a druid.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:54 PM
Banned

The OP was very nice about his flame. He wasn't trying to completely trash the guys rep. If what the OP said is correct and the guy weaseled his way into the group, knowing the OP had the camp, and then left group to join up with a friend to help him take the AC when it came, then this treehopper guy sounds pretty selfish. Maybe he did it within the rules, but thats what the OP said originally - he blamed himself and was just sharing his rant because it is still something that is going to piss someone off.

Maybe Treehopper messaged him and asked if he was coming back and we missed this part, maybe the OP is making stuff up, but if he is telling the truth then yeah TreeHopper kind of sucks in this situation.

With that said at least the OP is a druid and didn't have to waste the 350 pp on a stupid pointless item.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:03 PM
Banned

Not anything against OP, but in general. Unless you know the guy or talked it out previously, if you havent engage a mob like 15 seconds after it pops, its not your camp. Watching TV, doing the laundry? Too bad. People might say its selfish but if you dont do it that way then someone will always have an excuse about why he should be allowed to have claims on the camp while he was AFK.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:42 PM
Orc

Treehopper is one of the good guys, sorry you didn't get your drop but I don't think it is fair to call him out like this from something you admit was your fault for going afk.