Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 02:19 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humerox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The idea is that it will make it more difficult to create throwaway characters. In the long run that will prevent or hinder the toxics enough not to play or to reroll new toons after a ban. This is all opinion, btw.

There are other advantages...but I don't personally think NOW was a good time to do this, but w/e.

I good compromise to KEEP people that are turned off by the loss of the modifier is to make it easier in another way.

+/-4.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
because the same guys who have rerolled 6 banned accounts and been PL rushed up and regeared every time won't just do the same thing again and again.... you know... those are the guys losing out on the gaming experience that is classic EQ 1-50+ grind.

Thank god this is how we solved that problem. It's so good they don't have any workaround for that... like taking a week to do that PL rush instead of a day or two... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I didn't want a PL. I didn't want handouts... I wanted friends, and to grind. And now my options are reroll a solo class I hate instead of playing what I enjoy, so I can lvl slow and alone, or take a PL to 50 and enter a hell I'm not even close to ready for [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ...or go back to blue where these problems don't exist... what if the 100 players on red just reroll blue and hand in discord books? Would life be way more awesome? Is this like that moment in half baked???

I'm not gonna do what everyone thinks I'm gonna do.... and FREAK OUT!.... but who's comin with me?
Old 02-25-2014, 02:19 AM
Sarnak

Now all they have to do is roll back actual time to 1999 and then Red will finally thrive!

Honestly they should just reset the entire box. Red has had such a turbulent history, they just need to implement all these changes they've wanted to test and then just hit the button and start over with the ruleset they want. Changes like these would be more well received if they were applied to an even playing field. Instead, this lets current 60s wipe their brows in relief that they dodged the xp bullet and makes sure nobody new wants to even start.

That will never happen, and I do understand the staff is trying to find ways to reshape the direction of the box for the better. However, while they are at it they might as well re-title it Project Red-Flag 1999, because people will be wary of even logging in until things settle.

It'll be interesting to see how things turn out in a few months...
Old 02-25-2014, 02:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybagger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FWIW, red99 just went from ultra classic low pop fun with a few close buds, kicking but VERY slowly in horribly formed duo/trio's of all dps newbs not twinks.... to my buddies all leaving, and my options being a) back to blue or b) take PL and waste entire leveling experience I was here for and loving.
See the irony here
Old 02-25-2014, 02:20 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
working on it
+4 / -4 is not the answer. It just means even less people to pvp in a low population server. Please work on a big group exp bonus instead so people stop leaving the server.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:21 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-25-2014, 02:26 AM
Fire Giant

if this was a precursor for teams i'd get it. if a group xp bonus was implemented along side of the global reduction, i'd get that. i just don't understand the wisdom of silently implemented this change and stating that a group bonus may or may not ever come. i'm just rather confused by the whole process.

attempted to mitigate throw away chars played by banned toxic players i understand, but these same players have access to resources us genuinely new player do not have despite the generosity and helpful nature of guilds. it seems this change hurts new players the most.

i've made this statement already and won't further belabor my point, but at the risk of being deemed dangerously critical one might agree with samwise's statement regarding a difference in player/dev perception.

at the end of the day i just dont want to see any more of the pals ive made among fellow new red players quit due to this, i want this box to thrive and survive.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybagger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I didn't want a PL. I didn't want handouts... I wanted friends, and to grind. And now my options are reroll a solo class I hate instead of playing what I enjoy, so I can lvl slow and alone, or take a PL to 50...
Be glad you have a good guild that is happy to PL. I'm not being condescending, either. The situation was much more dire before...after I was unable to keep up with the leveling a year or more ago I was stuck logging in now and again and buffing random newbs on my mid-level cleric. When I came back I was pleasantly surprised to see Red Dawn taking a proactive approach in helping new people.

There seriously are not enough players to enjoy the 1-50 ride on red. Not unless you can get a few RL people to play with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Sarnak

100 percent the server was looking up just go back to what it was.... it's so simple.

+4 -4 is going to drop pop it is not the answer.
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothxu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
+4 / -4 is not the answer. It just means even less people to pvp in a low population server. Please work on a big group exp bonus instead so people stop leaving the server.
This is probably the only real solution here, because 4/4 isn't it. Encouraging groups will help boost these solo players with alts and new players in the group with a chunky exp group bonus. I mean, honestly - we can just cross our fingers and hope it works. And I'm not (and neither is 99% of the players) confident that it will otherwise.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:31 AM
Orc

Yeah, I don't understand the reasons behind the change. What are the benefits here?