Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 09:35 AM
Sarnak

So if theres a 1000 terrorists on earth and over 500 of 'em are muslims, it's cool to treat over 1.5 billion muslims like shit?

That the Islam as a religion is something you disapprove of has no impact whatsoever on how the US constitution applies to muslim US citizens. Calling yourself realistic is nothing but an excuse to yourself for embracing this bigotry of yours.

I don't like it how women are second-grade citizens in Islamic society, but all that has nothing to do with any of this.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasterburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With all due respect, let's try this generalization:

Not all muslims are terrorists. But most terrorists are muslims. Fact.

In a broader sense, all muslims -are- terrorists... especially if you are a woman. Because all over the world, Islam encourages oppression and violence towards women. Fact.

So before you tell me that those are generalizations are somehow faulty, make sure that you have -facts- to support your assertion... because I can promise you that I'll respond with page after page of facts, which make it very clear that my generalization is fundamentally accurate. Including some quotations taken directly from the Koran, which speak quite plainly about murdering "infidels" and treating women like slaves.

Being an overly tolerant carebear is nice. Being a realist is a lot better, especially in times like these when the entire world is a powder keg waiting to go off.

Rasterburn, someday you will understand how wholly ignorant you are of apparently every aspect of Islam.

Honest question, have you ever considered that you just do not have enough knowledge about something to form a reasonable opinion?
Old 09-03-2010, 09:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasterburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is disgusting. I'm sorry, but you are a fucking moron.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is disgusting. I'm sorry, but you are a fucking moron.
I support this statement.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Including some quotations taken directly from the Koran, which speak quite plainly about murdering "infidels" and treating women like slaves.
Thanks for showing your hand you fucking bible beater. Let me guess you're a Creationist as well?
Old 09-03-2010, 02:54 PM
Kobold

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-03-2010, 02:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't like it how women are second-grade citizens in Islamic society, but all that has nothing to do with any of this.
I have a similar gripe about this but I guess when you're indoctrinated into it and raised that way culture and lifestyle reinforces it a lot. I'm sort of the the type where if you don't like it, than fuck it, but that's easier here in the states than somewhere else.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
With all due respect, let's try this generalization:

I'm not entirely sure this is true. I know for a fact that the movement that engages in the most suicide bombings is the Tamil Tigers, who are definitely not muslim (I think most Tamils are hindu? I don't know). I wasn't trying to be politically correct when I argued that the poster I was responding to was generalizing about muslims. If the majority of terrorists are of a certain religion, well, pointing that out is just calling a spade a spade. I don't think your post was relevant to mine or to this topic really.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 09-03-2010, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straif [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a similar gripe about this but I guess when you're indoctrinated into it and raised that way culture and lifestyle reinforces it a lot. I'm sort of the the type where if you don't like it, than fuck it, but that's easier here in the states than somewhere else.
i agree with what you say here (that it is easier to accept if you are raised with it), but that logic hardly justifies anything. i believe in moral absolutes (and I know not everyone does) and, by extension, believe that the oppression of women is ALWAYS wrong EVERYPLACE it occurs.

the irony with the dominant radical muslim societies of the middle east is that they have only progressed comparatively to the rest of the world in a backward direction since the middle ages. there was once a time when baghdad, for example, was the cultural and intellectual capital of the world...a leader of medicine, philosophy, etc.

the harsh treatment of women in radical muslim states is not as old a tradition as most people believe. its a relatively modern reactionary set of interpretations of the koran (or, in my opinion, of evil men who use the koran incorrectly to inpower themselves to legitimize their evils)---and, in my opinion, has to do with anything OTHER than the authentic practice of islam.

this is the sort of thing that i was talking about when i said non-radical islam is different...and most of the american muslims I know try very hard to divorce themselves from those radicals who proclaim to be of the same faith as non-radicals.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straif [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've grown up with muslim families in my social circles, and you see the girls trying to break free everywhere. It's just hard to break free when you know the male part of your family will see you as an outcast when you take that step. But thats another discussion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]