Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 09:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccentricaa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you people want to see the populations of this server, continue to grow, you have to consider what it takes to build a community. Otherwise you will end up with a guild of 30 (and 200 boxed alt accounts) in a circle jerk, patting each other on the backs for being king of the world. The world consisting of only themselves.
Well said.

P99 - Blue
Lafael - Druid - Level 60
Garnagle - Necro - Level 57
Seductress - Enchanter - Level 52
Sweets - Bard - Level 35
Venexia - Shaman - Level 60
Wonderelf - Warrior - Level 51
Old 09-05-2010, 10:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
THERE IS NOTHING CASUAL ABOUT EQ.

If you are seriously clueless to where all the happy go lucky tradeskillers, wedding planners, language learners, fishermen, questers, roleplayers, and god knows what else....

If you aren't quite grasping the concept of where they all are.. I'll go ahead and spell it out for you:

I did the languages (knew all langs on my necro), quests and ts'd quite a bit back then. The community is what made the game fun for me. I dunno if its here or not, I just dont have the time to commit to an mmo like I used to when I was 15 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-05-2010, 10:57 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
THERE IS NOTHING CASUAL ABOUT EQ.

Period.

Get.

Over.

It.

Precisely. This is not a game for slackers.

When you get right down to it, "casual" means wanting all of the rewards -- but without doing all of the work.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:58 AM
Sarnak

I dunno, me and my play every night and despite whatever class we choose to play we ALWAYS group. People who run into us tend to be rather fun. Sometimes youll get a jerk now and then but for the most part people are nice, and Ilike to think those we play with are also left with a good impression [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-05-2010, 11:07 AM
Aviak

^^ what he said.

And actually, one of my toons was grouped with Stalin last night, at Derv3 in NRo. Was a fine group and everyone pulled their own weight.

And you missed seeing me and Japan ending up as a team and pulling red con deepwater crocs in Oasis later that night. Aggro kiting FTW. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-05-2010, 08:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasterburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Precisely. This is not a game for slackers.

When you get right down to it, "casual" means wanting all of the rewards -- but without doing all of the work.
I disagree.

Casual means not caring about all of the rewards, and doing the work THEY want to do, not what their guild leaders want them to do.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowWulf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dunno, me and my play every night and despite whatever class we choose to play we ALWAYS group. People who run into us tend to be rather fun. Sometimes youll get a jerk now and then but for the most part people are nice, and Ilike to think those we play with are also left with a good impression [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The thing you're going to begin to see as you get more levels is that high level play turns just about everyone into a major douche. Even the nice players you levelled up with.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqdruid76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The thing you're going to begin to see as you get more levels is that high level play turns just about everyone into a major douche. Even the nice players you levelled up with.
Not me..

I was always a major douche..
Old 09-05-2010, 09:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not me..

I was always a major douche..
Aye, and then there's that. See an earlier post of mine in this thread>:P
Old 09-05-2010, 09:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqdruid76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ive seen it on live. Beyond that, I also played EvE for almost 5 years as a pirate and thus I have a very, very, very thick skin. The pure rage that was personally directed at me from that game has pretty much made me immune to everything else.