Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I personally know of 6 RL relationships that started on p99

true story
And they were all with the same woman.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sox7d [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Women don't approach men because it's socially looked down upon. It's already socially looked down upon for men, though nobody explicitly says so. Women don't because they don't absolutely have to.
I think the people who look down upon it are mostly the older crowd whose presence and opinion in most scenarios is irrelevant. Fortunately, with our generation its a stigma that is starting to fade. I myself and some of my buddies have been approached on a few occasions, but the number is no where near the frequency of which we've approached someone.

It's true though, even as it is becoming more socially acceptable: women will continue to lack the absolute need to approach men.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:25 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

My husband and I met in game in 2001 and got married in 2002. When we met we lived on different continents.

Our original retirement post:
http://tinyurl.com/o4gfyhf

We have a great life and the happiest marriage of anyone I know. All thanks to EQ!
Old 03-20-2014, 07:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnitzel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My husband and I met in game in 2001 and got married in 2002. When we met we lived on different continents.

Our original retirement post:
http://tinyurl.com/o4gfyhf

We have a great life and the happiest marriage of anyone I know. All thanks to EQ!
I grew up with a guy that ended up marrying someone he met on EQ. He was 19 and she was roughly twice his age. He eventually moved across the country to live with her. It was a few friends and myself that got him started on the game, we thought it was hilarious, his family did not. But they are still married and afaik the family eventually accepted his Everquest bride.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadwen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I grew up with a guy that ended up marrying someone he met on EQ. He was 19 and she was roughly twice his age. He eventually moved across the country to live with her. It was a few friends and myself that got him started on the game, we thought it was hilarious, his family did not. But they are still married and afaik the family eventually accepted his Everquest bride.
ol boy found himself a damn good sugar momma. sehr gut on his part *raises glass*
Old 03-20-2014, 07:44 PM
Large Bat

There's a lot of misogyny and guys think it's funny. There's a reason I play a male toon.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion_Standing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
negative
Old 03-20-2014, 09:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion_Standing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Multi-boxing is a bannable offense in the game of Monogamy.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sox7d [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Women don't approach men because it's socially looked down upon.
Women don't approach men because they don't have to. Talking to a stranger or risking a humiliating rejection in front of your social group are (with good reason) frightening and unpleasant events. Fortunately for women, even the most homely 25 year old girl will have a few suitors. Men would sit in the corner forever.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 03-20-2014, 10:25 PM
Planar Protector

explains everything.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_sex_ratio