Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by smedlysmom14 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So let me ask you guys this. Whats the difference between people "donating" to pantheon rising for xp potions and people who RMT? Seems all the same to me.
The Cause is different and xp pots don't hurt the server economy.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by smedlysmom14 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So let me ask you guys this. Whats the difference between people "donating" to pantheon rising for xp potions and people who RMT? Seems all the same to me.
hoping they got banned aswell!
Old 03-23-2014, 03:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
This is also RMT, which is why quite a few in this community did not like the hypocrisy of that idea.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaroast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
By the wording, it seems like the staff is more upset at the buyers of RMT than the sellers. They don't care about someone making money. What they do care about is people giving away their money in the name of EQ and not giving it to them.

In my mind, this means they are most likely not directly benefiting from RMT.
Also, if they hadn't earlier, by now they are starting to see dollar signs when they think about P99. Where's my money!?!

I never would have played on this server it it had any fees associated with it, but I'm thinking there's a first time for everything. The SMS system just rescued a shaman I played in 2011 but forgot the password to. I'll oblige the staff today. Thank you.
The sellers are here because there is a market. I am upset with the buyers too because they bring these sleezebags here and ruin the game for others. I don't like the sleezebags either but they wouldn't be here if dummies weren't too lazy to play the game.
Last edited by porigromus; 03-23-2014 at 04:00 PM..
Old 03-23-2014, 03:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
When you buy a fungi or plat for a fungi, you're allowing some loser and his friends to quit their jobs at Taco Bell, sit at home playing EQ 24-7 monopolizing content, and still be able to maintain their steady diet of taco bell. You're contributing to part of the reason you can't get that fungi, trak BP, or epic drop to begin with.

Also, you're spitting in the face of the staff who donate countless hours... You're paying someone money and allowing them to make money off staff's donated time. A considerable amount of time.

When you're donating money to Pantheon in exchange for no-drop items, you're not doing either of those. And it's not like staff-sponsored events like the Pantheon pledge drive are regularly happening over the last 5 years.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

I wonder what proportion of those 400 accounts were throwaway mules versus actual characters.

Danth
Old 03-23-2014, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder what proportion of those 400 accounts were throwaway mules versus actual characters.

Danth
From people's posts, anyone who traded a decent amount with a lot of these accounts seemed to have also been picked up in a ban wave. Who knows o_O
Old 03-23-2014, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayso [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you buy a fungi or plat for a fungi, you're allowing some loser and his friends to quit their jobs at Taco Bell, sit at home playing EQ 24-7 monopolizing content, and still be able to maintain their steady diet of taco bell. You're contributing to part of the reason you can't get that fungi, trak BP, or epic drop to begin with.

Also, you're spitting in the face of the staff who donate countless hours... You're paying someone money and allowing them to make money off staff's donated time. A considerable amount of time.

When you're donating money to Pantheon in exchange for no-drop items, you're not doing either of those. And it's not like staff-sponsored events like the Pantheon pledge drive are regularly happening over the last 5 years.
I highly doubt you could eke out a living on RMT. The amount it paid was not near enough. Most of the cash came from people "cashing out" at the end of their EQ career or some such nonsense not locking down a mob for hours at a time to make $6 USD.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 03-23-2014, 05:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I highly doubt you could eke out a living on RMT. The amount it paid was not near enough. Most of the cash came from people "cashing out" at the end of their EQ career or some such nonsense not locking down a mob for hours at a time to make $6 USD.
The secret is to have a bunch of schlubs do all the work for you. /wave zeelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-23-2014, 05:49 PM
Sarnak

i make so much $$ irl , i cant spend it on my model gf all the time
Closed Thread