Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 01:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffet_Shammy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup

They said I was affiliated with one of the clowns farming cash and selling it. Despite my offers to provide bank statements or w/e to prove I didn't buy plat they banned me.

Playing here for as long as I have, I always questioned/defended the judgement passed on the GM's for ENJOYING banning more than actually following the necessary investigation steps to prove a players guilt.

I now see where that reputation comes from. No interest, no suspension... Closed my appeal.

Good Luck folks, I will miss yahs. I'll go spend my yearly $300 donation on a steak dinner or something [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like you were not accused of buying plat but rather supplying the person who was selling it.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laledorie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still can't believe that people actually spend their real money on plat or items.
That's because you are poor...

There are so many F2P games that make money through $$ purchases for in-game items.

is it really THAT unbelievable????? cmon.. don't be naive.
Last edited by daasgoot; 03-24-2014 at 01:55 PM..
Old 03-24-2014, 01:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laledorie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still can't believe that people actually spend their real money on plat or items. I mean, I can understand donating to the server because you think it's awesome (or whatever). But do people really care that much about having the best of the best items? C'mon! It's supposed to be a game you play for fun, I can't imagine that spending money on items and getting banned is really all that fun. Just play the game! O.o
Like many have said in this thread a lot of us have real lifes now and don't get to sit at home and make sammichs all day and play eq.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like many have said in this thread a lot of us have real lifes now and don't get to sit at home and make sammichs all day and play eq.
I get that... But there are also many people that have real lives, play, and don't break the rules. They get to continue their casual play without losing all of their legitimately earned items/platz.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
I get that... But there are also many people that have real lives, play, and don't break the rules. They get to continue their casual play without losing all of their legitimately earned items/platz.
Good luck competing with the guilds here composed of people on unemployment and government benefits.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Obviously people are willing to break the rules just to be better then the next guy. Regardless of how much or how little time you have to play, the game is fun without the best gear. I'm not sure what the point of spending time on any game where you can just 'cheat' your way through it to get ahead.

If 'I' didn't earn it or EC buy it with Plat I earned while playing, I can not really call it my own. I possess it but I didn't play the game for it. Not really sure I'd be interested in playing if I had all the best stuff anyways.

I've been on the server since 2011 and I enjoy 'the game' and what my toons are what I've accomplished while playing it. Not a factor of how much disposable income I have.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
unfortunately people buying RMT are the main donators tbh
Not really tbh

Join us!!! Visit Asgard today!
Old 03-24-2014, 02:09 PM
Banned

sometimes id rather have a fungi tunic then another 100$ doing nothing in my wallet

there i said it
Old 03-24-2014, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

The thing with RMT is it supports a group of people who don't give 2 shits about the server community. Every time someone gives real cash for in-game pixels to a 3rd party they're encouraging someone to monopolize content for profit. These sites live off the demand for their services, if nobody ever purchased from them then eventually they'd move on to somewhere else where they can turn a profit. This would mean fewer people competing for rogue/cleric epic MQs or Ring of Ancient MQs because they wouldn't stand to make any real money on it (which is their goal). Ultimately, with them gone, competition from real players who want to get the items on their own would be diminished or the supply of plat on the server would stop growing at such a high rate and prices would drop.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 03-24-2014, 02:12 PM
Large Bat

I don't understand the thinking that just because the cheating doesn't make someone "the scum of the Earth", that somehow it's ok. The hell with that. That argument holds no water with me.
Closed Thread