Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 03:36 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like a long night, so good nite. sure glad I'm not a GM I can go to sleep and let others worry/fit it.
I'm sure Frippy Darkpaw will be back soon[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More like a Dev. problem. This isn't tied to one server this is eqemu in its entirety.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:37 AM
Aviak

/camp
Old 03-27-2014, 03:40 AM
Skeleton

Glad at least I'm not the only one. I had already sent in a ticket before I saw this thread.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:41 AM
Skeleton

I'm experiencing this too, was playing last night just fine and now discovered I can't log in as well due to "invalid password". Never have given the information out.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:43 AM
Sarnak

I hope this is a simple matter of somebody fat fingering the code and not an angry RMTer who read the patch notes and got the idea to hack EQemus weak encryption.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:47 AM
Planar Protector

Hearing reports of a database wipe and all account info might have been lost, something about the new SMS system, I dunno I'm not that techy but someone snuck in the back door.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:48 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkMasterson1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope this is a simple matter of somebody fat fingering the code and not an angry RMTer who read the patch notes and got the idea to hack EQemus weak encryption.
right along the lines of what came to mind for me as well.......hope not. 400 toons banned right? I mean out of those someone is probably VERY angry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hearing reports of a database wipe and all account info might have been lost, something about the new SMS system, I dunno I'm not that techy but someone snuck in the back door.
Wouldn't doubt it. Well at least my toons were still low but damn the loss from this for alot of people. I'm sure it would deaden EQEmu up if this were true. So much time invested a lot of people would probably just stop playing. RMTer that got banned probably had a huge hissy fit & wants to ruin it for everyone.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:52 AM
Planar Protector

lol even if that is the case, i'm pretty sure there's a backup of the login server's database [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-27-2014, 03:53 AM
Aviak

Yea - same problem. And on my day off ><
Old 03-27-2014, 03:54 AM
Kobold

Full reset to classic era with correct timeline FTW!
Closed Thread