Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 11:42 AM
Aviak

Since Melinya is on the server right now (apparently didn't quit or someone else is playing on that character) I will try to talk to him/her about that. There were two deaths against Merlin and one prior by Ongo.

Merlin Melinya rathemtn 2014-03-28 18:38:43
Merlin Melinya rathemtn 2014-03-28 18:27:39
Ongo Melinya rathemtn 2014-03-28 18:20:11
Old 04-01-2014, 11:45 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardalicious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As if letting passive MQ2 slide by is any better.

Code cave inside a proxy dll isn't something P99 came up with? WAT?!

So how's about you use it? I mean, you already had people downloading a custom eqgame.exe to break mq2 injection. I don't really understand why you don't take the next step.
they detour the dll, I personally am against anti-cheat clients link punkbuster cause they can be circumvented anyway. The custom eqgame didn't break MQ2 injection, it was to allow team colors and subsequently I just moved some code around to make MQ2 'less functional' (it still worked but it made the eqgame.exe do some weird stuff). I am more inclined to code a program that modifies eqgame and makes people like you have to revert it all the time. But keep in mind how much junk we have to fix, the eqemu base is a nightmare. I wish I had all the time in the world but I don't lol.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by image [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am more inclined to code a program that modifies eqgame and makes people like you have to revert it all the time. But keep in mind how much junk we have to fix, the eqemu base is a nightmare. I wish I had all the time in the world but I don't lol.
So rather than implementing a solution that's more efficient than what you're currently using (nothing), which you claim to be able to code, you'd rather implement nothing and aspire to something more complex that you don't have time to work on? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And.. people like me? DATS RACIST.

Hacking deterrence isn't supposed to be end all / be all for everyone that wants to cheat at the game. It does however stop a very large majority of people from downloading and running MQ2 compiles that have been floating around for 10 years now without further assistance. Let's face it, you and I both know very well that it only takes 1 person tearing apart your work to open the floodgates for everyone else.

But if you've actually played on the servers here you'd know it works leaps and bounds over previous methods in the emu community to stop cheaters.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:09 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardalicious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So rather than implementing a solution that's more efficient than what you're currently using (nothing), which you claim to be able to code, you'd rather implement nothing and aspire to something more complex that you don't have time to work on? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And.. people like me? DATS RACIST.

Hacking deterrence isn't supposed to be end all / be all for everyone that wants to cheat at the game. It does however stop a very large majority of people from downloading and running MQ2 compiles that have been floating around for 10 years now without further assistance. Let's face it, you and I both know very well that it only takes 1 person tearing apart your work to open the floodgates for everyone else.

But if you've actually played on the servers here you'd know it works leaps and bounds over previous methods in the emu community to stop cheaters.
I should be clear, just because we have the detour code doesn't mean I can just slap it in and it will work. It requires additional code to make it a client anti-hack/cheat and as well as server side changes to do so, database part too, etc etc. By more complex if you are referring to patching the eqgame, not necessarily, that might actually take less time, just have to move around some functions and have a patcher that downloads the new eqgame for people. We still are considering both options and more recently given the problems one might come into play sooner or later, but frankly I get flanked by so many other problems with just the eqemu server it gets pushed aside (we are a team of 2, 1 coder 1 database guy). P99 is the ONLY server to have such a feature and I don't see other people going after them (yeah I know they aren't PVP, I get it).

I've said it before but unfortunately when you create a eqemu server you have to reinvent the wheel for everything. We don't have any real consolidation (most of us are far stray from github's source) I am usually talking to Rogean and other server devs in IRC chat about vulnerabilities whether it be crash exploits, cheating or performance/functionality issues. We don't shrug off the problem as if they aren't there, we just have lots of other priorities as well.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by image [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since Melinya is on the server right now (apparently didn't quit or someone else is playing on that character) I will try to talk to him/her about that. There were two deaths against Merlin and one prior by Ongo.

Merlin Melinya rathemtn 2014-03-28 18:38:43
Merlin Melinya rathemtn 2014-03-28 18:27:39
Ongo Melinya rathemtn 2014-03-28 18:20:11
I am curious if it is him//her or someone else playing the account. According to him /her...they quit.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Sektor

No
One
Cares
Old 04-01-2014, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

RoflZek Server is so good I am onl going to pay attention to roflZek forums from now on...
Old 04-01-2014, 02:41 PM
Banned

Secrets already told and showed everyone how to bypass rogean antihax.

So all this crying is lulz
Old 04-01-2014, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

And yet you get banned on a server with 25 active players and no detection for passive MQ2 usage. Embarrassing dawg. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-01-2014, 03:55 PM
Banned

I'm not banned
Closed Thread