Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 02:16 PM
Fire Giant

I should start petitioning when I drop fishing grubs in east commons tunnel and someone picks them up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-07-2014, 02:19 PM
Fire Giant

On live and on P99, I never believed the hype that drop-transferring was really a viable option. For every one person I have ever seen say "oh yeah it works, I do it all the time" I see a hundred people screaming in OOC, WHO TOOK MY FUCKING LAMMYYYYYY

I don't think there is some phantom player taking peoples' shit off the ground. People go so, SO out of their way to find the most secluded spot. To assume that there is someone who knows you're going to the middle of Paineel to drop a bag of alt gear and follows you there, lurking in the shadows so you don't see them, is incredibly paranoid. I think people are wrong about how long items last on the ground. I think they go the fuck away.

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:22 PM
Fire Giant

If its something worth under 1k I'll normally drop transfer it, transferred a smoldering brand at Hadden the other day (well, just south) - hmm, maybe thats a good way to lure people from the Hadden spawn point and take their camp (droppin droppables just in visible range but out of camp range haha)
Old 04-07-2014, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

On Live, back when you could drop plat, I dropped my entire bankroll where my alt was parked, logged out only to find that login was down or something and I couldn't log back in for like an hour. I was so pissed off...
Old 04-07-2014, 02:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Globox- [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does it really matter where you dropped it? You chose to drop it and, unless you've enabled fast drop, received a prompt asking if you really want to do that. Once it hits the ground, the race is on. No, it isn't noble or admiral to nick someone's items off the ground and run off with it, but whosoever picks it up certainly has every right to. Without GM interference, you'd never know who it was. Thankfully, for you, one was kind enough to help. :/
How is picking something off the ground, that you know they dropped for transfer, in a obviously out of way area, not stealing? Is it against the rules? Not technically, but it's still stealing from a moral perspective. How morally bankrupt do you have to be to reason like this?
Old 04-07-2014, 02:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It wasn't stealing, it was picking it up off of the ground. Also, if it were the case, I think the man should be given rights on his find for being so good at what he does.

There is no sides of this argument, because there is no argument.

People need to learn how to be social and a little less anonymous. It doesn't take much of an effort to find a groupie or a guildie or a friend to hold your crap for you. You couldn't wait 15 minutes for someone to log on? Then you play it by risk and it is no one's fault but your own.
Wow, you sound like a literal sociopath. I'm not about to argue with you about what should be obvious to any decent human being. If you think picking up what someone is obviously transferring is ok, then you are beyond hope.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristantio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I should start petitioning when I drop fishing grubs in east commons tunnel and someone picks them up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you were in a out of the way, secluded area, dropping an item that actually had value, then that might make sense.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekephee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On live and on P99, I never believed the hype that drop-transferring was really a viable option. For every one person I have ever seen say "oh yeah it works, I do it all the time" I see a hundred people screaming in OOC, WHO TOOK MY FUCKING LAMMYYYYYY

I don't think there is some phantom player taking peoples' shit off the ground. People go so, SO out of their way to find the most secluded spot. To assume that there is someone who knows you're going to the middle of Paineel to drop a bag of alt gear and follows you there, lurking in the shadows so you don't see them, is incredibly paranoid. I think people are wrong about how long items last on the ground. I think they go the fuck away.
I would like a source on that ratio.

Seriously though, drop transfers work fine. AFAIK the items will stay there as long as an NPC corpse will. I've done them between accounts dozens of times both here and live. Of course you are going to see more crying about failed drop transfers than you will people bragging about successful attempts, people don't shout in the zone that they just successfully completed a drop transfer...they do if someone snagged it up though.

Without a doubt, I would take my chances with a drop transfer over a random person any day of the week.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:02 PM
Banned

Moral of the story, don't drop transfer, it is a horrible method of transfering items. When you drop an item, and someone steals it, they aren't required to give it back. That is how things work here (much like Live! what a surprise!). If you want to transfer talk to one of the (50) people in EC who are in a well known guild and who are lvl 58+. I know <indignation> members are good folks.

Still don't understand why people continue to try drop transfering. Seems utterly ridiculous to me.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadwen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would like a source on that ratio.

Seriously though, drop transfers work fine. AFAIK the items will stay there as long as an NPC corpse will. I've done them between accounts dozens of times both here and live. Of course you are going to see more crying about failed drop transfers than you will people bragging about successful attempts, people don't shout in the zone that they just successfully completed a drop transfer...they do if someone snagged it up though.

Without a doubt, I would take my chances with a drop transfer over a random person any day of the week.
Before this incident I would have agreed with you and have drop transferred many times without a problem. But this has shown me you are actually better off transferring with someone else. They can't take action against him for this, but if he had scammed me during a transfer he would probably be banned and I actually might get my stuff back. I would have been better off in this case handing it over to some random level 1 person. Crazy. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I've put like 15k worth of stuff down on the ground in that same spot too, which was everything I owned at the time. Makes me cringe to think about it. That was actually one of the smaller transfers I've done there.
Closed Thread