Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 11:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obwin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played WoW raiding hardcore from vanilla > BC and IMO BC was the best raid experience I had in any MMO. Since then I've went back and leveled here and there but never got back into the raid scene.

I think we can all (mostly) agree that the daily play pretty much sucks with all the daily quest, (solo) faction grinds and tokens or whatever else they've added but my question is the new heroic 10man content actually fun/challenging or is it just more of the same old same old? I always played healer and found raid healing / strategy to be a lot of fun but when I went back LFG pickup heroics/dungeons were so easy it was pretty much pointless.

Are there some people from p1999 actually playing WoW right now? As an adult with a career there is something very alluring about being able to make meaningful progress raiding 2-3 times a week ON MY SCHEDULE provided the raiding is actually fun.

I see some people from p1999 posting about playing wow I'd be curious hear some analysis of what is good, what sucks and if recommended or not from people who have actually played and raided recently before I bother getting a whole UI installed, figuring out all the new abilities / rotations etc.

I've got some old friends that play arena-tournament & excalibur for nostalgias sake.
I personally wouldn't touch retail though, I think there's even a decent vanilla server somewhere
Old 04-11-2014, 11:51 AM
Aviak

The problem with WoW isn't necessarily the game itself (even though I would argue it is flawed in almost every way) but it is the stupidity of nearly everyone you meet in the game. The only way to play WoW is to get in a close knit guild, shield yourself from general chat, or your IQ will drop daily. I guess some could argue the same with this server but at least the people playing here are entertaining [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-11-2014, 11:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LulzSect [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great gif.
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 04-11-2014, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Dretti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didnt inglorious come from eqmac after shut down?

Came for the pvp lol
Retti as retarded as ever.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigleaf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with WoW isn't necessarily the game itself (even though I would argue it is flawed in almost every way) but it is the stupidity of nearly everyone you meet in the game. The only way to play WoW is to get in a close knit guild, shield yourself from general chat, or your IQ will drop daily. I guess some could argue the same with this server but at least the people playing here are entertaining [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't disagree more. In WoW you need to know your class, how to min/max, etc., etc. In EQ that's completely non-existent. There's nothing separating people in PvE on EQ from each other than RNG and gear. There aren't multiple builds or variations here. The vast majority of people I play with in WoW are nicer / more patient and more mature than the people here on average.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:00 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't disagree more. In WoW you need to know your class, how to min/max, etc., etc. In EQ that's completely non-existent. There's nothing separating people in PvE on EQ from each other than RNG and gear. There aren't multiple builds or variations here. The vast majority of people I play with in WoW are nicer / more patient and more mature than the people here on average.
Apparently you don't LFR and only group with same core set of people. Hell, even in random BG's you get douchebags that go rambo, don't listen, spam general chat with adolescent rambling and racist remarks. In LFR they have dumbed down raiding so much that there are no mechanics you need to pay attention to any more. WoW is a cesspool for 15 year old kids that are angry at their parents and want to see the world burn.

I would like to add, cross realm/server = no accountability and it's why the state of the game is how it is. No community, not like WoW was every a good community to begin with.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

Know your class and min maxing lol maybe back in TBC/WotLK. Clicking 5 buttons on procs is real skill too.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:02 PM
Sarnak

Everything Heartbrand described about the current state of things was depressing. There's a goddamn 'finder' for everything now, and it just facilitates a lazy, bullshit shell of a game that used to be a lot of fun.

Warcraft needs to launch a classic server and remove all the nonsense.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:03 PM
Aviak

In all honesty, if you want a good raiding game with a decent community with developers making content at a decent pace I would try FFXIV. Continues to look promising.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

If you want the most unforgiving MMO then play FF14. I play with gongshow, lethdar, letsjoe, snufz.