Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 12:10 PM
Skeleton

Talking Hi There!

So I'm not exactly brand new here, as my join date will show, but other than playing around for a couple weeks on the server a few years ago, I haven't been on P99 all that long and I wanted to check in here and say hello! I've been loving meeting all kinds of folks on the server and finding most of them to be pretty cool cats. I rolled an Erudite Paladin for this go around because I never wanted to be tempted to just go solo--to force myself to always be in that social mindset because soloing is atrociously painful, and it's worked like a charm so far [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I also wouldn't mind some advice from the more veteran players on planning out some of my early progression. I'm nearing level 14 and so far I've saved enough coins to level smithing sufficient to get myself a full banded set. I've also had a couple pieces of Bronze Plate (which looks so fresh on Erudites, btw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]) gifted to me by a generous Enchanter.

Right now, I'm saving up for my next purchase, which I'm planning on being the Green Jade Broadsword. I'm using a Shiny Brass Halberd right now which was also gifted to me, but the STR on the GJB is appealing, especially as I'm approaching the point where simply wearing my armor nearly puts me to encumbered. But I'm still a bit shy of the 200pp that they seem to go for and while I'm saving, I figured it would be a good time to put it out to the vets and see if they have any suggestions as to what might be a better investment early on.

Thanks, and I look forward to seeing all of you in Norrath!
Old 04-28-2014, 12:21 PM
Kobold

While the GJB is fairly cheap for what it is, I'd recommend at least looking at the Nathsar Greatsword. It comes with enough strength to wield itself (10 str for 10 wt), and should do quite a bit more damage than the Green Jade. Price-wise, its about the same as well (150-200pp). Beyond weapons, next thing you wanna look at would probably be the Platinum Fire Wedding Ring. Pick up two of these asap. Cheap, and wont need upgrading for a long while

And welcome BACK to the server!
Old 04-28-2014, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

Which shield are you using, Broteus? I replaced my Crested Mistmoore Shield yesterday, if it would be an upgrade for you - it's yours!

P.S. love seeing that <Rants & Flames> tag! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-28-2014, 01:40 PM
Skeleton

I'll keep the Nathsar in mind down the line, but I'm really looking for a viable SnB set up as my 1H skills have fallen abysmally behind as I've pretty much just used the Shiny Brass Halberd since it was dropped on my in Qeynos.

All I have for SnB is the Wooden shield I got off a mob, so the Crested Mistmoore would definitely be an upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannacore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P.S. love seeing that <Rants & Flames> tag! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And I love showing that <Rants & Flames> tag. The guild is super fly. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-28-2014, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo Joe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All I have for SnB is the Wooden shield I got off a mob, so the Crested Mistmoore would definitely be an upgrade.
Sweet! I'm not on too much Mon-Wed but I'll definitely catch you next time I'm around.