Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 06:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by no chewie stop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
u guys should try live eq its free to play and you start with sick weaps
Old 04-28-2014, 06:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somekid123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seeing a bunch of new players starting with new changes made that im sure everyone is enjoying.

I am trying to do my share with spell munies / ports / buffs / whatever weapons I can manage to come across and give out. But what would everyone seem to think of the idea that all the melee classes start with something slightly better then theyre newbie weapons.

Instead of the Short Sword* being 4/29 make it 6/29, instead of the Dagger* being 3/24 make it 5/25 or something along those lines. That or a quest for something decent, I know it shouts not classic, but what is going on now to try and promote Red99 isn't classic either.

Or is this way of thinking making it too easy, much easier then it already is?

Im also open for suggestions on some weapons I can farm to gain multiples in, in a short amount of time. Everything I come across is a 28min repop and doesn't always drop it.
http://www.meatballed.org/
Old 04-29-2014, 05:02 PM
Banned

Just had a geniusburger idea, instead of handing tattered note to get starter tunic, how bout you get a fungi tunic

cause crushbome is hard yall
Old 04-29-2014, 05:27 PM
Banned

I would gladly donate a few newbie weapons taking up bank space if someone could be trusted to bank and reward them out somehow. Maybe as a reward for getting to level 12 or something.

Red 99 - No more mean 2014
Old 04-29-2014, 05:38 PM
Kobold

Make low level pvp alts and if you get killed give out loot.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:05 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

the problem is the server population isn't big enough to support an economy. no one trades lowbie gear because 90% of the server doesn't need it. there are plenty of decked out alts that haven't been logged on in months, while lowbies have to fight tooth and nail to get by. You will be very undergeared for a long long time. Live servers at least had a solid economy, thus increasing these micro transactions. Vendors see a ton of loot here that wouldn't really be on live.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:11 PM
Fire Giant

Long ago I learned not to hand out much more than PP and FS weapons to any player lower than lvl 20. The chances of that toon ever making it past 20 aren't very good to be honest but once they show me they can handle EQ then I'll open up nicer items, got tired of losing really nice items to people who never show back up.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:11 PM
Fire Giant

I agree, I rolled here fresh as a bard and it took most of last summer for me to get past lvl 40 and any semblance of decent gear