Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

Default Bob Wants You!

Let me preface this with saying that I am fairly well known on the server as a trusted and neutral party in most things, so before you rage and flame, actually read what I have to say. Then feel free to rage and flame.

I know I know...another Dead99 thread on the Blue forums. Let me apologize in advance as till a week ago I felt the same way as you. Who cares about Red?

But wait! Between being bored out of my skull on blue and the new changes to Red (no XP loss to PVP death, PNP rules enforced, +-4 Lvl PVP range, ~280% XP Bonus in a full group), I recently decided to give it a try.

I have been pleasantly surprised to say the least.

-People have been more helpful and friendly on Red than you see on Blue.

-Chat has been fine, a little shit talking but that's part of PVP, they are banning people for any racial slurs etc in chat that has driven a lot of us away from Red. So far, Red chat has been tamer than Blue. I think I've seen “you mad” once.

-Group XP bonus is INSANE...seriously...2% - 3% a kill in a full group last night. ~280% XP Bonus in a full group.

-As far as Griefing goes I have not experienced it yet. I had a monk chase me around Kurns for a bit but was able to double zone and hide to lose him. (didn’t have my spells for current level and he was yellow)

-And finally Raiding...while I haven’t had a chance to get this far on Red personally, I have seen the PvP text and spoke with raiders and with very little variance on Red, raiding basically comes down to the raiding guilds squaring off prior to the mob spawning and having a massive battle to decide who gets the kill. This sounds like a lot more fun than FTE Jav spam personally, or a rotation for that matter.

As you can see, my PVP has been pretty limited so far. Mostly this is due to the fact that anyone who can PVP with you (+-4 Lvls) is who you want to group with to get that sweet sweet bonus XP.

Which pretty much makes Red99 a Blubies PVE paradise. No waiting hours for camps, AC wanders around and dies to NPCs, Verina Tomb up for days on end in Nek...

The ONLY downside to Red at this point is the low population, but even with that there is almost always one group in each of the hot dungeons and they invite ANY class due to the new XP bonus mechanics. Now is the time to roll that Hybrid you have always wanted but didn’t due to XP penalty and the fact that no one wants you in a group due to it.

Now is the time to roll anything you want here really, you can still box your blue character while playing on red. So sit in the tunnel making fat stacks on Blue while you play Red. You will not regret it.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-05-2014, 03:08 PM
Sarnak

Not well known, but I back this and will duo/trio/group with anyone to help them catch up if I'm on!

I've got three character slots left!(been doing the above with a few friends)
Old 05-05-2014, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

Honestly I've ran into nothing but cool folks on red

I'm basically geared out already and hit level 20 in like 3 days due to random high level folks helping out. Cool stuff.

I could just be a turkey, however - being fed to get nice and plump so they can gangfuck and eat me when I'm older
Old 05-05-2014, 03:10 PM
Kobold

I find it amazing that there's more spam on the Blue forums for Red than for Velious beta.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly I've ran into nothing but cool folks on red

I'm basically geared out already and hit level 20 in like 3 days due to random high level folks helping out. Cool stuff.

I could just be a turkey, however - being fed to get nice and plump so they can gangfuck and eat me when I'm older
Haha Cucumbers, I would not doubt this.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen1080 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Verina Tomb up for days on end in Nek...
Haha, this. She has been up every time my chanter on red has gone through third gate. And I /rude her every time.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-05-2014, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

Still waiting on my Azrael t-shirt.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:34 PM
Fire Giant

So what would a camp like AC in OOT be?

I mean can you camp it? Do you have to buy it? Do you have to be a level 60 PVP monster to camp it without getting crushed? Do you have to stay level 50 and have a group of 10 people ready to fight to get it?

What are the rules of FTE and "camping" things?

Just for example - I'd imagine jboots are even more of a priority in PVP. If someone is at AC in OOT and I want it I just kill them? If AC spawns I can just kill them as soon as he spawns then take it myself? If someone kills AC and they're about to loot it can I kill them before they get to it and then loot it?

I also imagine blue as the wild west, in terms of violence? How do you even buy/sell? Or if you want to trade an expensive item do you risk getting shitted on by 10 wizards and then having them out run guards after looting your 100k?

Sorry if there are basic rules in place that explain this, I was just wondering.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:34 PM
Banned

tldr: people are only nice on red because there trying to get more players, just wait until the bind camping starts.
Last edited by Grubbz; 05-05-2014 at 03:38 PM..
Closed Thread