Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlycupcakez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if a corpse is open it is free reign.. despite what the staff or any childish upper echelon guild says..
So if your friend drops his wallet and you take it, thats free reign too, right? Just because you can take something doesn't make it right.

Skarry 60 Assassin | Kumack 60 Oracle | Gyrgol 60 Oracle | Eregion 54 Illusionist
Old 05-06-2014, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlycupcakez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i openly accuse the staff of being blatantly incorrect in their decision so that has absolutely no relevance to mental health?
denial
Old 05-06-2014, 01:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyanideGas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So if your friend drops his wallet and you take it, thats free reign too, right? Just because you can take something doesn't make it right.
if my friend stole my wallet and claimed it was his and then dropped it then yes... thats free reign dollface
Old 05-06-2014, 01:30 PM
Kobold

The corpse belongs to the killer. Otherwise every dragon/god's nodrop class specific loot would be at risk of someone spam clicking the corpse.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyanideGas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i sometimes feel like phil connors reading these threads
Old 05-06-2014, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

There's the question of whether or not it's right to take something on a server rules level and also a personal ethics level. Just because you can take something doesn't make it right to do so. Imagine if one guild killed all the raid mobs.
Last edited by Cecily; 05-06-2014 at 01:40 PM..
Old 05-06-2014, 01:44 PM
Fire Giant

correct. a combination of server rules and personal ethics. the guild that took the mob felt no moral obligation to the original camper of the mob, yet when the same lack of personal morals were imposed against them decided to throw their hands up to management and cry for help.

the consistency (both moral and server-legal) is not there... which is why the staffs ruling is horrendously incorrect and the inconsistency is very misleading to the rest of the servers population.

and no i saw your asshole comment. I decided to share when the guild began equating themselves to rape victims and i got very mad.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

Hate how theres so many people who can't wrap their heads around this - you didn't kill it, stop worrying about it.

You either were part of killing the mob or you werent. If you werent, no nonsense about this or that matters - the drops belong to the party/guild/player that killed it, and it's up to them what happens to the drops since they're the ones who killed it. If it rots, it rots. Tough break, the mobs gonna respawn at some point. If you insist on coming up with excuses about how you can grab whatever, you're more than likely to A) waste staff time since they have to resolve your crap decision B) get yourself suspended.

Only confusing thing really is that the server rules thread has no mention of this whatsoever, albeit the staff afaik has always been following said rule.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:49 PM
Fire Giant

camps: you have a reasonable amount of time to kill your PH or camp mob from time of spawn before you give up your rights to the camp

loot: you have a reasonable amount of time to loot your corpse from time of kill before you give up your rights to the loot

if you need a specific player to get the loot, manage your kill group better and make sure they are in the group with the kill credit.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:52 PM
Orc

Quote:
By logic, a wallet contains infos about the owner. So we can actually link it to someone and return it (assuming we feel nice today).

There is also the overall context of how things happen. If I drop my wallet in the street, didn't notice and a friend found it hours later (simply implying that we are not in each others sight) and didn't return it. It sucks but without me knowing it was that said "friend" who has my wallet (with my infos in it), its between the friend and his own concept of "the right thing to do".

Same situation without anything to trace back the wallet to the owner. Sucks but nothing can be done about it and I couldn't blame anyone for picking it up.

Same situation happens but you see the person picking it up. First, talk is always good. If there is infos in the wallet and the person doesn't want to give it to you, then go ahead, proceed to chop heads. But if there is no infos in the wallet and the person is not sure you are the one who dropped it. Its now a gray area.

That being said, a corpse without anyone near it doesn't have anything than a timer on it from my point of view. If I don't see dead bodies indicating a potential wipe. Then yes I do assume its open. A very confusing situation for people new to Everquest. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread