Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 07:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seems like you're playing the wrong game, to be honest.

Maybe you would be more suited to play World of Warcraft.
Provide some useful answer or quit yourself.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzHaN80 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Provide some useful answer or quit yourself.
I provided a useful tip; everquest doesn't seem to be the game you're looking for. I just noticed your wall of troll posts in server chat and thought that I may make a suggestion for you.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 05-11-2014, 08:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I provided a useful tip; everquest doesn't seem to be the game you're looking for. I just noticed your wall of troll posts in server chat and thought that I may make a suggestion for you.
Why are they troll posts? Those are concerns of a newbie player like myself.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzHaN80 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why are they troll posts? Those are concerns of a newbie player like myself.
It has been explained to you that the game is not balanced, but you're still posting a new thread about every new class you try and whining about them. You HAD legit concerns and confusion, but now you're just being willfully ignorant about the reality of what EQ was/is.

EQ never has been balanced in the way that someone familiar with modern MMOs would expect. Class v class lacks balance, spells within each class lack balance, zone risk v reward lacks balance, xp penalties don't make sense, etc etc. These quirks are a big part of the appeal of classic EQ though. If you can't wrap your head around that and at least tolerate these things, then like Tass said, EQ probably is not the game for you.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 05-11-2014 at 08:56 PM..
Old 05-11-2014, 08:56 PM
Kobold

Below lvl 30 in the right situations sharing the mob's dmg with your pet can be beneficial. Allows me to take yellow/red cons as a necro. With that said your actual melee dmg isnt much, its more the sharing of dmg received that's beneficial.

I think there's a nice low lvl proc sword that casters can equip tho? Name escapes me.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:17 PM
Fire Giant

Consider this:

It's a junk buff so you don't get your DMF dispelled while you're killing Phinny

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:48 PM
Planar Protector

necros do 1 thing

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(+dmf+Training/Pulling)

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 05-11-2014, 11:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Then why add those spells if they're going to be useless? I don't see why Verant would add those spells if they did not want you to melee. Something is wrong with this game's logic sometimes :S
shit's classic
Old 05-12-2014, 12:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It has been explained to you that the game is not balanced, but you're still posting a new thread about every new class you try and whining about them. You HAD legit concerns and confusion, but now you're just being willfully ignorant about the reality of what EQ was/is.

EQ never has been balanced in the way that someone familiar with modern MMOs would expect. Class v class lacks balance, spells within each class lack balance, zone risk v reward lacks balance, xp penalties don't make sense, etc etc. These quirks are a big part of the appeal of classic EQ though. If you can't wrap your head around that and at least tolerate these things, then like Tass said, EQ probably is not the game for you.
I am tempted to say, this is actually not a matter of "balance." It is a matter of eq being quirky. You hit a level and go, wtf are these spells even for? Etc.

Unbalanced is a long-term or large-picture inbalance. Usually it becomes a consensus what the problem is, and that the designers have shit for brains.

But classic eq is just quirky. Every class has aspects that can piss you off or wonder what the point is. I think that is why the game works at one level. I think the only class that can't complain is cleric. Every other class has strange issues. But as I am suggesting, that may be why the classic game is good. It avoided the trap of making every class awesome, and made most of them kind of irritating often enough. Everything from aggro issues, to exp penalties, to spells that make no sense -- these are the decisions of designers who are not trying to deliver easy candy to dumb kids.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Seems like you're playing the wrong game, to be honest.

Maybe you would be more suited to play World of Warcraft.
That's kind of ironic because Warlocks, the WoW attempt at Necromancers, had a similar fate. They were supposed to be melee'ing casters, they had weird summon swords and off hand clickies to melee with, and then like 3/4 through the beta the game designers were like "fuck this, let's just have them cast DoT spells with a demon pet."

It's funny how WoW ripped off even Verant's bad gameplay decisions.
Closed Thread