Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 12:32 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default anyone hear the bs with eq2 / eq2x?

just curious what you think. i know that I'm seeking this venue now because of it.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:35 PM
Aviak

Care to elaborate, kind sir?
Old 09-20-2010, 12:36 PM
Kobold

Unless you are paying the $15/month subscription on the free server, you are so gimped it's not even worth playing. In other news the game itself is not bad now(if you can get over the terrible combat spamming), and a run on AB, the only populated server, might be worth a go.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:39 PM
Decaying Skeleton

well they built eq2x, which is a pile of shit. It is basically take the free trial away from eq2 and making a ftp game with eq2x BUT, eq2x limits the player dramtically. like less everythign from gold to caht to races. u have to pay a 200 dollar up front fee to be able to get the content and features you got on live for the 14.99. and people who want to transfer from live to eq2x have to pay 35 dollars. and those who have active supscriptions get the "gold" treatment meaning they only get 4 races instead of 13 or 14. and get many restrictions placed on there account. They are bottleknecking the live servers to die so everyone has to go to the eq2x servers. as well as making it difficult for players on eq2x to go to eq2. Pretty much money grabbing, backstabbing asshole of a company is doing everything in its power to MIND/BUTT fuck players into dishing out more cash for content they already paid for, and earned.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:39 PM
Decaying Skeleton

not to mention have fucking bad the graphics is now since game update 57.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:43 PM
Banned

News @ 11: SOE is a bunch of money grubbing bastards. I gave some thought of trying that and LOTRO but after seeing the charts about how they gimp f2p, not gonna happen.

I remember in EQ2 where to use the auction, youd have to have 2 accounts because you couldnt use the auction thingie while you were "logged off" from it, and the server would log you off after 30mins or so, so you couldnt leave the comp on while u slept. Meaning, sub 2 accounts sucker and alt-tab to move the mouse around every 30mins if you wanna use the auction house.

Oh, and how can you forget pwning yourself in the face while crafting and losing 2 hours of combat xp.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:45 PM
Decaying Skeleton

sigh,i like how hard it was its just i cant understand how they could literally fuck there player base like that. I know you get hard-up for cash but why not advertise. fuck eq2 owns wow by a long shot, but why dont they have a bigger player base? I UNNO BECAUSE NO ONE FUCKING KNOWS EQ EXISTS.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairwell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sigh,i like how hard it was its just i cant understand how they could literally fuck there player base like that. I know you get hard-up for cash but why not advertise. fuck eq2 owns wow by a long shot, but why dont they have a bigger player base? I UNNO BECAUSE NO ONE FUCKING KNOWS EQ EXISTS.
lol i played EQ2 in november 2004, when it launched. I played a month and never subbed, it was so bad. I rolled a cleric thinking id play carebear for fun since i missed that in EQ1 and i discover that the only way for me to heal somebody else is if he forfeits his xp towards that mob. Wait, what? It was just so fucking terribad. I tried WoW a couple of months later and played for like 3 months, it was a much better game than EQ2 was.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:50 PM
Banned

The reason why EQ2 never took off, is that SOE are a bunch of money grubbing bastards, and that by only caring about money, they lost sight that games are about having fun. So WoW won hands down, cuz it was fun (for a while) and EQ2 sucked.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Fire Giant

EQ2 is much different now from what is was in the beginning.

Whoever said AB is the only populated server is wrong.

Nagafen (pvp) server is the most populated server in eq2, and its well crowded. Maybe overcrowded.

PvP is not bad, and the raiding is very good. But the newest expansion is not that good imo, its just a bit too small. But its not that bad either. All of you "i played it in the beginning and it was awful" cant really argue about eq2 anymore, its a different game now.

However, the "free" server is completely worthless trash.

Velious will come out in eq2 in february and it looks pretty good. Kunark was an awesome expansion in eq2 as well as faydwer, so i hope to they as a good job with velious.

Any yeah agree with Fairwell EQ2 owns wow easily.

Sorry taxi all i read from you is complete bullshit, what you talking about crafting and auctioning shows me you have absolutely no idea about eq2.
Closed Thread