Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 03:45 AM
Kobold

Default Best way to get noobie gear for a half elf in gfay?

My husband started a half elf in gfay so we could play together. The problem is, all quest rewards from cb belts or bone chips only give small armor. What is the best way to get armor to fit him as we don't have money for banded yet. Is there a noobie quest I am missing that rewards larger armor? Should we go to Freeport and check the quests out there? If possible it would be nice to stay in gfay a bit and level before travelling.
Old 05-21-2014, 05:59 AM
Orc

The rawhide armor dropped by the stronger orcs in Crushbone (legionaire, emissary, ect.) drop raw hide armor for large races.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:01 AM
Fire Giant

He's probably going to be limited to cloth or raw hide until he can afford Banded mail (assume he's a class that can use it).
Old 05-21-2014, 07:29 AM
Planar Protector

There are tons of people who'd be happy to give a full, free set of banded. I'm one of them.

Send me a PM if you'd like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:48 AM
Sarnak

Small bronze drops in mistmoore and unrest, send some polite tells with people in those zone maybe they will save you some
Old 05-21-2014, 07:51 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are tons of people who'd be happy to give a full, free set of banded. I'm one of them.

Send me a PM if you'd like that.
Seriously? I could really use a set of Banded for my Rogue. Unfortunately I am kind of stuck out here in Qeynos area for the moment until a friend and I can level up. I will try and message you in game if this is possible.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:06 AM
Kobold

Yes, he can wear banded, he is a Paladin.

Thanks for the replies. I wasn't aware that the higher mobs in crushbone dropped leather! They still con red for me so will wait a bit to avoid a mauling of a lifetime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought I had remembered something about bronze armor and unrest but it has been so long ago. We will definitely visit that zone as it is quite fun minus the hag squad.

I will send you a pm, Messianic. Thanks!
Old 05-21-2014, 05:14 PM
Fire Giant

Heya

Mountain lions in Steam font will drop medium quality ruined skin you can tailor those into medium sized tattered armor. These mobs are about level 7.

just another option of medium sized characters.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Old 05-21-2014, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

sell them orc belties, dun turn em in!
Old 05-22-2014, 02:42 AM
Kobold

Oh thanks Buellen! I didn't know cat skins dropped in Steamfont. I was thinking about making tattered armor the other day then remembered wolf pelts make only small, so I'll gather some of these. He ended up finding some fairly expensive leather armor on the city vendors and bought a few pieces last night. I'm going to hunt up some cat skins today and work on my tailoring. Thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread