Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 08:04 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Death from players will happen on a pvp server, its not for everyone.
Of course it will. It is actually quite rare tho. The vast majority of people I came accross were just minding their own busines and friendly grouping around. The problem is that 100% of PvPers were griefers, lamers, trainers, abusing game mechanics to cause xp death... and twink or supported by 60 characters, or both.

But yeah, terrible luck maybe.
Last edited by innocent51; 05-25-2014 at 11:20 AM..
Old 05-26-2014, 08:13 AM
Large Bat

Just to add my 2cp, I think we were just unlucky, I have been playing red now for a month or so and i have various teen / low 20s chars and I have not suffered the way you did.
When I see folks in my range I prepare to fight, if they are friendly I won't start, that's just me, live and let live but I certainly stand my ground !
I actually understand the twink griefers and except that as part and parcel, I have been killed by some of the famous griefers and I will be actively seeking some of them out shortly just for the satisfaction of giving it a shot, MrBigs I am coming to Unrest for you soon !
I didn't get it at first and would get mad, then I saw the light, everyone needs a bad guy, Red server has it fair share but it's a game, play it like one is my advise.
If you are getting griefed again, /OOC it, you will find some kindly high levels may pop over and slay the offending OOR healer etc..

Seriously miffed Red is down, don't even want to play Blue... seems to be no point.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:20 AM
Sarnak

/popcorn
Old 05-26-2014, 10:43 AM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wow. you were VERY unlucky then. this is not usually the way it goes leveling a new char, at all. recently many blues have even posted in red forums saying what good experiences they have had
^ This.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=151944

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=151692

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=151582

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=151497

^ just a small selection of the "Really enjoying Red!" threads we've seen, so I would imagine your experience isn't typical for new players since the changes went in. On the other hand, it seems like you saw a lot of action for a level 6, so maybe you're just a PvP magnet.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:50 AM
Sarnak

Any of you guys remember that time a guy made a public access account with a character camped at the hole ent with a key and some red dude deleted the key and the entire red community cheered him on and continually made fun of the many angry blues?
Old 05-26-2014, 10:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamewraith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any of you guys remember that time a guy made a public access account with a character camped at the hole ent with a key and some red dude deleted the key and the entire red community cheered him on and continually made fun of the many angry blues?
In before "mad blue."
Old 05-26-2014, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamewraith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In before "mad blue."
Y u so m.....

Oh. Yeah it was a shame when it happened but I would chalk it up to group v. group mentality and not some "everyone on red is retarded". This is the internet after all and I'm more than certain some blue asshole would have done the same if given the chance.

Besides, you can just have a necro cast ignite bones on you and go buy yourself a hole key anyways.

Come with an open mind and fantasize about killing those key-destroying assholes.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 05-26-2014, 11:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Y u so m.....

Oh. Yeah it was a shame when it happened but I would chalk it up to group v. group mentality and not some "everyone on red is retarded". This is the internet after all and I'm more than certain some blue asshole would have done the same if given the chance.

Besides, you can just have a necro cast ignite bones on you and go buy yourself a hole key anyways.

Come with an open mind and fantasize about killing those key-destroying assholes.
The point is that someone decided to go out of his way and do something positive for the community, and the first chance they get the red community griefs us. I'm not so ignorant as to say it was the entire community, but there was a lot of reds applauding this action like it wasn't immature and just a douche move. You are right in saying that eventually some blue ass hole would do the same thing, just surprised in that red got to it in like, what, two hours.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
The point is that someone decided to go out of his way and do something positive for the community, and the first chance they get the red community griefs us. I'm not so ignorant as to say it was the entire community, but there was a lot of reds applauding this action like it wasn't immature and just a douche move. You are right in saying that eventually some blue ass hole would do the same thing, just surprised in that red got to it in like, what, two hours.
Just don't play on it. Let them have their low pop server where their twinked low levels with 60 healers can fight other twinked low levels with 60 healers. Red is just a low brow filter for blue.
Old 05-26-2014, 01:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Theres alot of assholes on reds, it was worse 2 years ago.

I would love for people to do a twink guild to protect the lowbie zones, were not all out to grief new blood off the server.
Closed Thread