Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 12:48 PM
Fire Giant

So I figured out that if you crouch and block when your getting attacked they miss like.. 90% of the time. This only works with the normal cannibals as far as I can tell. I tried this against the spider mutant and got fucking womp'd.

Also one thing...

WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH ALL THESE GOD DAMMED TENNIS BALLS!?

FUCK

BLUE
46 Warrior - Elkantor, 35 Shadowknight - Geldriia, 46 Enchanter - Shebreeze
Old 06-18-2014, 01:03 PM
VIP / Contributor

LOL i was trying to make a flaming tennis ball by dousing it with booze and lighting it aflame, but i couldnt get it in my inventory.

related:
this pic about sums this game up at this stage of development, imo..

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-18-2014, 01:05 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sooooo....how high do you think you flew? Haha!
not me, but this high:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-18-2014, 02:12 PM
VIP / Contributor

it has great potential. 225 pages of suggestions. some better than others, but if even half of them are implemented, it would be awesome.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

I realize that paying for alpha and beta copies of games seems to be the norm these days, but something really irritates me about the idea.

You have absolutely no idea where they'll take the game. Or if they'll even continue working on it after making enough money from "early access" sales.

And these survival sandbox / survival horror early access games seem to be a dime a dozen now. That being said, the trailer and game seem pretty cool. Will probably end up buying it anyways despite knowing it'll lead to disappointment. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-18-2014, 03:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittlez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH ALL THESE GOD DAMMED TENNIS BALLS!?
I played this game once on stream and it was fun, lots of bugs but I guess that's to be expected with an alpha game. I wondered what's up with all the stupid tennis balls too! Someone told me that they're going to be for distracting the cannibals later in game so we'll see I guess! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-18-2014, 03:36 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardalicious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I realize that paying for alpha and beta copies of games seems to be the norm these days, but something really irritates me about the idea.
I agree with you. The way I put it into perspective was that it was only 15 bucks. If it takes off, you have free access to any content / upgrades / patches, etc for the life of the game. If it flops, its a loss of a whopping 15 bucks, which is the price of a burger at any decent restaurant here in anchorage. If it was like 50 or something, I wouldn't touch it. But for 15 bucks, it held my ADD ass for over 4 hours, so that alone was worth the 15.
Old 06-18-2014, 04:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardalicious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You have absolutely no idea where they'll take the game. Or if they'll even continue working on it after making enough money from "early access" sales.

And these survival sandbox / survival horror early access games seem to be a dime a dozen now. That being said, the trailer and game seem pretty cool. Will probably end up buying it anyways despite knowing it'll lead to disappointment. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://cliffhorse.com/
Old 06-19-2014, 10:48 PM
Planar Protector

Ended up buying this. It wasn't terrible but there's enough bugs to keep me from playing for now.

Like sleeping supposedly saving the game but if you exit and come back later you lose everything in your backpack.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:15 AM
VIP / Contributor

ive tried to make the same cabin 6 times. its all good though. still having fun