Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 05:32 PM
Orc

Default Blue NPC Resists

Just curious, not a complaint - I've been experiencing higher than normal (normal being throughout 24 levels with a Troll Shaman) spell resists with blue mobs since the patch. I figure roughly I am being resisted at about 30% generally, all blue mobs, and certain blue mobs resist certain spells repeatedly until my mana is gone - some cases up to 6 times or more in a row with the same spell. The later described chronic example happens every three to four blue mobs. This was not the case, before the patch.
Am I unique or has someone else experienced this problem?
Thanks for any insight.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:18 AM
Planar Protector

Question possibly

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...155457&page=20

There was some talk of resists being too high in some threads (1 example^)
Old 07-02-2014, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

I personally haven't noticed a difference, although a lot of people apparently have. Are you targeting the same mobs you were targeting before the patch? I have a cleric killing yetis in DL and the number of root breaks seems about the same. On this server I've always found that high dark blue monsters will resist your shit a lot, but low dark blue monsters will almost never resist.

From a game design perspective (although this is irrelevant to the server's intention of being as close to classic as possible) I think that giving monsters high resists is a good idea, because it makes it harder for players to solo and to trivialize content. The game is supposed to be built around grouping but it's often more efficient to solo, and part of that is the fact that it's easy to control a battle with spells like root. If root's being resisted or partially resisted a lot while you're still being beaten on, you might be more inclined to find a group where you can handle monsters more easily. The game is modeled on D&D, yet monsters are much dumber since they don't have a human being controlling their actions and crowd control spells are much more usable since you're not limited to a couple of casts before "resting" and you can find situations in which you pretty much have a 100% chance to land them.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Last edited by Estu; 07-02-2014 at 09:40 AM..
Old 07-02-2014, 09:54 AM
Planar Protector

In my experience the resists are pretty tuned now.

- there appears to be a "floor" in that my mezz was resisted outright by a level 10 derv as well as a 41-43 elemental.
- roots appear to check each tick. Had a couple of early breaks but really not that many.
- most level-appropriate stuff appeared to have the same resistances as before.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 07-03-2014, 12:08 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In my experience the resists are pretty tuned now.

- there appears to be a "floor" in that my mezz was resisted outright by a level 10 derv as well as a 41-43 elemental.
- roots appear to check each tick. Had a couple of early breaks but really not that many.
- most level-appropriate stuff appeared to have the same resistances as before.
I played a druid to level 56 during live, solo for 90% of the way.

Root then compared to root now was nothing alike. During the levels that I received root if a mob was even con it would resist root. If it were blue or lower I could cast root and never have to worry about it even through wizard nukes.

Now if anyone looks sideways at my mob root will break. Root gets resisted by gren mobs that I know are in their teens.

Tl;dr root is not working properly. Q_Q moar
Closed Thread