Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 12:25 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Resist Debuffs

Are they worth using on a solo necro? when i have used them, it seems to get resisted more then not.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:07 PM
Orc

Default Same with Shaman

I recently posted about this. My shaman gets resisted by blue mobs, generally, very frequently. It seems this is unusual based on my memory of earlier old school EQ play, but that was a long time ago. To be more specific to your post, my Shaman's spell malaise (the one that's supposed to lower resist) gets resisted almost always - actually I don't remember it not getting resisted ever while soloing (not an exaggeration). It's like shoving X-lax in yer bum to make pooping easier - makes no sense to me.
Last edited by RaldoMcdaldo; 07-08-2014 at 01:08 PM.. Reason: word change
Old 07-08-2014, 02:25 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

i just dont get it waste mana on a resist debuff that gets resisted, or waste mana on a spell that gets resisted over and over
Old 07-08-2014, 10:32 PM
Sarnak

magic resist debuffs always worth it if charming a pet. that's about all they are good for while solo.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:50 AM
Sarnak

I've recently been leveling an Iksar necromancer to 35. I have yet to find myself in a situation I regret not having cast a poison-fire-disease debuff.

If we had a MR debuff (à la Tashani) that would be awesome: fear and roots would land more reliably, and last longer too.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:50 PM
Fire Giant

I don't find myself using it too much. If it included a MR debuff, I could see it being useful in the hold of roots, fear, and charm, but since it only hits DR, PR, and FR, I don't find myself pushing for it unless I am fighting a particularly high level enemy in which I am going to be laying down some heavy DPS DoTs.

It also depends on your style. If you're relying heavily on your Plague/Poison lines, then you'd probably want it more. But seeing as how when I solo, I tend to always use Fire (which has a natural negative to the target's FR check anyway), in addition to a Poison. Since the debuff doesn't do much to help the fire stick anyway, and only helps the poison, I just roll the dice and I tend to come out ahead. The mana you get set back on casting a poison and getting a resist is less than debuffing every mob you encounter.

However, that changes if you tend to fight higher level enemies, where you'll get chain resists more. I tend to aim for mobs a good bit under me that I can chain kill in massive quantities. Yet, you still have to make that spell land, so it is dicey anyway.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaldoMcdaldo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I recently posted about this. My shaman gets resisted by blue mobs, generally, very frequently. It seems this is unusual based on my memory of earlier old school EQ play, but that was a long time ago. To be more specific to your post, my Shaman's spell malaise (the one that's supposed to lower resist) gets resisted almost always - actually I don't remember it not getting resisted ever while soloing (not an exaggeration). It's like shoving X-lax in yer bum to make pooping easier - makes no sense to me.
Lol
Closed Thread