Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 07:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malistavus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The gear seems to be pretty good for the quest requirements. At least for the druid and ranger quests in Kelethin. The gear is WAY better than dropped cloth.

What does everyone think of these quests? Do them, or just tough it out until higher level? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I want to add, that I am a new player have 0 plat currently [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. The free aspect was the main draw in these quests other than the exp factor while doing the quest.

This is Classic EQ, if you want a dumb down, horrible MMO, close your eyes and pick a modern MMO.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sox7d [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol
what? You gotta be twinked to play a druid in CB? Really? OP said kel, so likely going to CB. You only need leather, really.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:31 AM
Planar Protector

I assume the lol was that leather might be overgeared for what is required by crushbone?

You can probably get xp okay in crushbone with just cloth/patchwork and a rusty two handed hammer, unless the recent AC patch has changed things for the lowest levels.

I can't believe sox7d's laughter could be suggesting CB requires any kind of twinkage.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I assume the lol was that leather might be overgeared for what is required by crushbone?

You can probably get xp okay in crushbone with just cloth/patchwork and a rusty two handed hammer, unless the recent AC patch has changed things for the lowest levels.

I can't believe sox7d's laughter could be suggesting CB requires any kind of twinkage.
Well I'd hope not. But I've seen a lot of people pretty twinked in there. As for leather, it's cheap. Run mail delivery one evening, lots of xp and enough coin to buy all your drui spells and full set of leather before you know it. Less time than it ever took to get that op armor on live and still have nothing for spells there which is what really matters for the druid.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:28 PM
Fire Giant

If in Kelethin/Crushbone as a druid, crushbone belts are the path to wealth. Turning them in rewards you with wearable leather. Then after you are equipped, sell them for 3pp each until you have enough for a Spring Wood club (100pp ish) http://ahungry.com/eqauctions/
Old 07-14-2014, 02:20 PM
Banned

my 50 enchanter still has an empty shoulder slot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-14-2014, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my 50 enchanter still has an empty shoulder slot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EB cape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My 51 mage has nothing in face, legs, waist, wrist, shoulders, back and range slots. Gear is so overrated. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-14-2014, 05:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If in Kelethin/Crushbone as a druid, crushbone belts are the path to wealth.
Me thinks that's kinda slow, especially for a drui. Probably better off just turning in the belts. I mean just speaking of having enough for armor and spells, not farming for 100's of pp, mail delivery will get you set up before you even have the level to go into CB.

And yeah it would be nice to run a drui around nekid, but just not a good idea imo for a low level drui that is going to be grouping and wind up being the healer a lot of times. Especially early on when your heals are pretty weak, light healing, so you need to start casting early on the MT before he's really built up enough aggro. The AC will come in handy.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Druids can charm 14-60 completely naked.

Having 200 wisdom makes leveling a lot easier though, since you can quad at lower levels as well as higher levels.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Closed Thread