Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 07:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciroco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Considering that KC is outdoors and that Rangers shine there more than probably any other popular group spot, I doubt you have actually played one here.

Come group with me some time. I'll even tank for you.
Doesn't matter if it's outdoors, you're going to get whacked and suck up all your parties heals. More than any class I've seen by far, rangers get kicked for this type of reckless gameplay. Thats why joe shmoe was saying a few pages back to just start a group then. But you know what? Some of us pay attention to who is forming groups. When you are dropping health like a two dollar hooker, you're no use to anybody. You can argue the point, but that's just the way things are.

I'll say this, SOE's idea of a ranger is fail. They should have gotten heavy archer armor. Thats mixed plate and chain. But they wanted to do some crazy high-fantasy thang, unrealistic in all ways. It's too bad.

And as I said, I don't play one here(not paying attention?). No freaken way, just a sub-20 ranger for fun around fay. I did my time, main for six years from live launch. When the first expansion came around I went cleric, but I played them both fully. When I left live and started on early peq, wanted nothing to do with ranger, and played most of the other classes. If you want to tank, just roll a tank, dude, seriously. Or go red, that would work too.
Last edited by Daywolf; 07-14-2014 at 07:47 AM..
Old 07-14-2014, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And like I said, there are places where they can do that (e.g. vs animals outdoors etc). But in places like KC as I mentioned, well the group is pretty much doomed if you are trying to stick the ranger with tanky duty. They are not tanks, and you are not going to convince me otherwise, only get your group wiped. It's just foolishness, and I've seen too many rangers think that they are tanks ...but are not [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So no other selling points for rangers, eh? Just want to keep up the roxxor tank act. I could list lots of good points as to why to bring in a ranger to a proper group, but I'm sure wasted words here, it's all about the awesome tank they are.
If the healer is is never oom, why the fuck do you care who tanks as long as they can hold aggro? A cleric will never be OOM with constant pulls using even a halfway decent geared ranger in KC.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:17 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by koros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the healer is is never oom, why the fuck do you care who tanks as long as they can hold aggro? A cleric will never be OOM with constant pulls using even a halfway decent geared ranger in KC.
qft?
Old 07-14-2014, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by koros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok here it comes...
/shout Ranger Down!

That's pretty much the situation where cleric unmems complete heal vs ranger AC and makes sure he has a sow up hehe. I mean if ranger can lay there unconscious long enough, complete heal may be doable for a few rounds... but probably not [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Daywolf; 07-14-2014 at 05:49 PM..
Old 07-14-2014, 05:36 PM
Aviak

Ranger hate explained: Min/maxers are neckbeards/niceguys. Rangers are the asshole/douche/dudebro that always gets the girl. True story.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:14 PM
Fire Giant

Ranger haters be like the guy who, when you go to an aquarium with them and say, "Wow, look at that starfish," they respond, "Well, technically that's not a fish, it's called a seastar." And it's like, dude, fuck you. Sure, maybe it's not scientifically a fish, and I wasn't 100% flawless in my description and scientific knowledge of what it should be classified as, but you still knew what the fuck I was talking about and I got my point across about what I wanted you to look at.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:35 PM
Sarnak

It really comes down to twinkage for a ranger with me... Do u have tolans and your epics at 50? Seems to be a fad atm..otherwise id rather leave the spot open. And i love rangers, they just have to be super geared [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-14-2014, 06:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sox7d [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ranger haters be like the guy who, when you go to an aquarium with them and say, "Wow, look at that starfish," they respond, "Well, technically that's not a fish, it's called a seastar." And it's like, dude, fuck you. Sure, maybe it's not scientifically a fish, and I wasn't 100% flawless in my description and scientific knowledge of what it should be classified as, but you still knew what the fuck I was talking about and I got my point across about what I wanted you to look at.
Actually as far as for "ranger haters", imo it's usually a phrase that a player throws around who plays ranger and does it so bad that they cant get a group so they go around accusing everyone of being "ranger haters" ...but while good rangers keep getting asked to join groups. It's like saying rangerphobe, or some such silly PC '-phobe' dialog/tag to get sympathy to their own personal rejection based on their own failures and incompetencies with what they do.

The solution: as far as I'd say, roll a war, clr or enc first if you are just starting here, level up, have fun and make lots of plat. Then roll a ranger or some such class, twink them so you can solo well enough when you cant find groups, have fun. You will be spewing a lot less "ranger haters" even if it turns out you cant really play ranger very well, since it's not hard to play a war, clr or enc well enough to get groups when you want to group. I'm sure people will say blah-blah to this, or be outraged, but it's just a matter of adapting to the designed environment. Adapt or die, as they say. At least in the triune thing SOE devised, you won't be so agitated getting your first cap, then making it easier for the more challenging alt later on.
Last edited by Daywolf; 07-14-2014 at 07:05 PM..
Old 07-14-2014, 07:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually as far as for "ranger haters", imo it's usually a phrase that a player throws around who plays ranger and does it so bad that they cant get a group so they go around accusing everyone of being "ranger haters" ...but while good rangers keep getting asked to join groups. It's like saying rangerphobe, or some such silly PC '-phobe' dialog/tag to get sympathy to their own personal rejection based on their own failures and incompetencies with what they do.
dat assumptions

Or, no one regularly uses the term "ranger haters" and this thread wouldn't exist if there weren't "min-maxers."
Old 07-14-2014, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

The solution: as far as I'd say, roll a war, clr or enc first if you are just starting here, level up, have fun and make lots of plat. Then roll a ranger or some such class, twink them so you can solo well enough when you cant find groups, have fun. You will be spewing a lot less "ranger haters" even if it turns out you cant really play ranger very well, since it's not hard to play a war, clr or enc well enough to get groups when you want to group. I'm sure people will say blah-blah to this, or be outraged, but it's just a matter of adapting to the designed environment. Adapt or die, as they say. At least in the triune thing SOE devised, you won't be so agitated getting your first cap, then making it easier for the more challenging alt later on.
Bro I'm sorry that nobody was ever happy with your ranger's tanking on live or beyond. Do some gear research, seek the right group comps, use your spells. You can improve. People were always happy with my tanking.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread