Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 11:52 AM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaela [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My ears are burning?
Hey Zaela; didn't know you were around here.

Burn, ears, burn! Great work on those tools so far.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I gots an idea, how about a pony spell for enc's?? Enc gets to transform themselves into a pony! Then p99 will be super popular with Bronies!

Or did they do that on live already?

meh... best off to just wipe the server and start from scratch, with all the fixes in place this time.
Or just start a new progression server and leave this as classic vel.
Literally everything you say is the worst thing ever. Read the thread, then comment. Know what you're talking about before spewing crap out of your face-hole.

Nilbog, I trust you guys completely with custom content and would love to see PoP re-imagined as zone-accessible (ie non-hub) raid zones.

Also, a dude.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

I get the idea that Nilbog said, that the original-Kunark-Velious server will be like a museum piece. Fair enough idea, and I can see the point.

But I still would like to see this group of devs, re-imagine Luclin and PoP -- fixing them, as it were. There were things that came into the game that really pissed me off. We all have our list.

And yes, this is all distant speculation: we shall all be living in Velious for more than a few years here lol. But it is still interesting speculation: what went wrong in Luclin and PoP, and can they be salvaged and redone, so that they don't essentially function as nerfs of classic eq?

But it might be, that it is a kind of mudflation kind of deal. You can only add so many expansions and thus new content and powers, before you destroy the basics of the original game.

tl;dr this post-velious shit is a complicated issue, but fun to discuss and speculate about.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know.. I don't mind certain class defining AAs, but given the option, I'd like to do it in a way other than hey, paladin, complete level 51 'X' amount of times, and you magically get Slay Undead. I think an epic quest line for things like this makes more sense.

AA's were one of the laziest things the SOE devs ever did. Sure, they gave neat abilities. But the mechanics how you got them was pure lazy dev nerf. "Just grind out these alternate exp levels!" Meh, at least the shard and flag concepts required you to hunt down and secure certain items to get you somewhere -- they were both giant quests. AA's were just grind grind grind new ability grind grind grind new ability+ grind grind grind new ability++ grind grind grind new ability +++

Weak shit, man, weak shit.

AA's are on my list of top 5 things that went wrong. Right up there with PoK and the bazaar.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get the idea that Nilbog said, that the original-Kunark-Velious server will be like a museum piece. Fair enough idea, and I can see the point.

But I still would like to see this group of devs, re-imagine Luclin and PoP -- fixing them, as it were. There were things that came into the game that really pissed me off. We all have our list.

And yes, this is all distant speculation: we shall all be living in Velious for more than a few years here lol. But it is still interesting speculation: what went wrong in Luclin and PoP, and can they be salvaged and redone, so that they don't essentially function as nerfs of classic eq?

But it might be, that it is a kind of mudflation kind of deal. You can only add so many expansions and thus new content and powers, before you destroy the basics of the original game.

tl;dr this post-velious shit is a complicated issue, but fun to discuss and speculate about.
Lots of complaints about luclin especially is that the setting just did not fit the fantasy genre EQ had inhabited before. Bazaar/nexus ports / pok books / the idea of POK in general really rubbed people the wrong way. The casuals also disliked AAXP because it provided such an extreme degree of separation in power between those who had large amounts of AAs and those who did not.

edit: AAXP was far better in later games when they provided meaningful choice, rather than a constant power grind. Talents or EQ2 AAXP for instance.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeallunRumblebelly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
edit: AAXP was far better in later games when they provided meaningful choice, rather than a constant power grind. Talents or EQ2 AAXP for instance.
im pretty sure they've changed the eq2 system to the grind system

and wow really dumbed it down in the last expansion imo

but yeah something like original talents or original eq2aa would be cool, put in ingame achievements imo gives the hardcores something to do when they cant raid
Old 07-19-2014, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
im pretty sure they've changed the eq2 system to the grind system

and wow really dumbed it down in the last expansion imo

but yeah something like original talents or original eq2aa would be cool, put in ingame achievements imo gives the hardcores something to do when they cant raid
WoW it great in the last expansion - they made their AAs (talents) to be selective limited - not I must have 69 points in Z or I don't get spell X crap. This is how true AA system should be: you can have 3 nice abilities to choose from, but you can only ever have 1 of them.

Nexus port is no different than Boat to Kunark or Velious. Imagine that the only way you could get to Kunark/velious is by a port - that would suck.

On Luclin - Soulbinders are mandatory to this game and should have been in from day 1. Or give me wow graveyards to respawn at in each zone.

[Zuranthium;1453395]
The people who invented the first space ships were brilliant. That doesn't mean anybody should actually want to use them 200 years later. Ideas are limited by means of execution. Everquest has amazing ideas that need to be completely reworked in their execution, in order for classic Everquest as it was envisioned to actually exist and continue to be relevant as things have evolved.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WoW it great in the last expansion - they made their AAs (talents) to be selective limited - not I must have 69 points in Z or I don't get spell X crap. This is how true AA system should be: you can have 3 nice abilities to choose from, but you can only ever have 1 of them.

Nexus port is no different than Boat to Kunark or Velious. Imagine that the only way you could get to Kunark/velious is by a port - that would suck.

On Luclin - Soulbinders are mandatory to this game and should have been in from day 1. Or give me wow graveyards to respawn at in each zone.
Have to agree. Soulbinders / nexus had 0 impact on the game. I can't think of a time past about lvl 20 i ever waited for those stupid spires :P Or sometimes I plan on afking in nexus anyway so i just sit in the spires, heh.
Old 07-19-2014, 02:03 PM
Kobold

Questing for some class specific AAs sounds interesting as long as I can still grind out some of the more basic AAs like run3 and regen3.
Old 07-19-2014, 05:28 PM
Banned

The idea of questing or camping mobs is fine instead of AA being what they were.

Please no horses ever, It's sow or bard song and you sit your butt down to med.

Any rings or spires are druid/wiz teleport only. Never allow auto porting NPC's (add some rings to everfrost..perhaps the gnomes and dwarves got together and built a few more.)
-Hespect to Dial a Port.

No bazaar, No kats - frogs- faeries, all races up to iksar only. Maybe no moon but connected on land like others have said.
Also would redoing kunark and velious to make them look classic be going too far? Giants don't look dopey in kunark or velious... something heartwarming is lost.
Add content to old zones, for example a dungeon on Kerra Isle to increase traffic to an otherwise unused zone.

Please add more things to tradeskill, variety is great and its something to do.

Keep it Classic.
Last edited by Mblake81; 07-19-2014 at 06:05 PM..
Closed Thread