Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 11:50 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieza_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As an addendum: Xygoz was engaged by the raid at 9:33 CST. Nearly 15 minutes after the initial batphone. Anyone with an OT hammer and Jboots can make that run in that time. 15 minutes is an eternity for single dragon VP engages.
You assume that IB batphoned as soon as Durubael made his post. It's silly to expect guilds to watch the forums at all times for a decision that would cause a race for a mob.

Not only do we need trackers at raid mobs, now we need to start having trackers for the forums.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:53 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieza_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As an addendum: Xygoz was engaged by the raid at 9:33 CST. Nearly 15 minutes after the initial batphone. Anyone with an OT hammer and Jboots can make that run in that time. 15 minutes is an eternity for single dragon VP engages.
To be fair, TMO had the jump on IB because TMO was technically on standby anyway with the expectation of a repeal. So the timing of the repeal benefited TMO. In fact had, IB never read the raid discussion thread, they would have not likely known the suspension was repealed until after Xygoz was dead.

You used to be one of the good guys, Xasten. What happened to you?
Old 07-28-2014, 11:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incanus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You assume that IB batphoned as soon as Durubael made his post. It's silly to expect guilds to watch the forums at all times for a decision that would cause a race for a mob.

Not only do we need trackers at raid mobs, now we need to start having trackers for the forums.
[Mon Jul 28 22:29:35 2014] Xygoz engages Ramblin!

you had plenty of time IB troll
Old 07-28-2014, 11:55 PM
Orc

whichever guys you had afk tracking, should prolly can them, upon zoning in mob had already been up, who knows for how long...and still gave us 15 mins to gather
Old 07-28-2014, 11:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antarctica [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be fair, TMO had the jump on IB because TMO was technically on standby anyway with the expectation of a repeal. So the timing of the repeal benefited TMO. In fact had, IB never read the raid discussion thread, they would have not likely known the suspension was repealed until after Xygoz was dead.

TLDR; IB wasn't ready for TMO to argue their case against a falsified train.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:58 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incanus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, the "we were afraid to log our characters into VP" argument doesn't fly either. I was actually talking to a friend of mine in TMO earlier today about how that would be handled, and he told me that TMO was given a go-ahead to move their characters out of VP. Which makes total sense, the suspension was never meant to be a prison to random people who hadn't moved out of VP yet.
In the past, a VP suspension has meant no going in or out of VP and no movement within VP after the first inital "get the fuck out" period. I had no reason to believe this was being treated differently, particularly because we have had petitions asking for toons to be moved out of VP because of the suspension.

And yes, there were a large number of players worried about moving their toons out of VP. I moved several myself. This happened during the last big TMO suspension as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icanus
Quote:
Originally Posted by derubael
the suspension was repealed before any dragons spawned
Lie.
I didn't know Xygoz was up, I rarely pay attention to raid spawns. Regardless, everyone knew at about the same time and had an opportunity to mobilize. In retrospect, had I known Xygoz was up, I likely would have done this differently.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael
Most players were afraid to log in to move their toons that were already camped out in the zone
Lie.
Did you just count the same lie twice? Cheater.

Quote:
For those keeping count:
There are 3 anonymous forum accounts blatantly breaking their guild's policy on RnF. Or did I miss one? Actually it could only be 2 - Icanus was a little smarter about masking who he was, so for all I know he could be from Red.

I also imagine leadership would be less than thrilled to find out the way you're publicly talking about the server staff - regardless of how they feel about a decision, I don't think they encourage people to come here and talk shit to us about it.

On a completely unrelated note that has nothing to do with the guild above, Lots of <3 to IB's officer core and the way they've been dealing with the server staff lately. We really appreciate you guys a lot, especially when dealing with the CSR staff's busy schedules [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-28-2014, 11:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
You assume that IB batphoned as soon as Durubael made his post.
No. I didn't. I made no such assumption. I made no mention of IB's batphone. Don't try to change the subject; I don't appreciate it.

I am specifically addressing your contention that TMO camped out in VP with secret inside information as if this were a plot to harm IB. We got our numbers there in time because we moved quickly. This has nothing to do with IB's mobilization and everything to do with your contention that the GMs gave us secret info to camp out as if they were rigging this for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antarctica
What am I doing here that's wrong? Disagreeing with rippt and Icanus' false narrative?
Old 07-29-2014, 12:01 AM
Kobold

Incanus just PM'd me that he doesn't believe the moon landings happened. Case closed.

Icanus confirmed Un-American as fuck.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:08 AM
Planar Protector

Suspend both guilds for contributing to toxic raiding environment
Old 07-29-2014, 12:08 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Suspend both guilds for contributing to toxic raiding environment
Taken scum