Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 10:46 AM
Skeleton

Default Lowbie equipment problem

I don't know if it's just me, but I seem to be having difficulty finding lower end items for sale in e. commons. I hunted willowisps to exhaustion, saving enough for some items which might help me, but I just don't see them for sale.

Examples would be the Mithril Quill and Golden Jaded Bracelet. They just seem to be non-existent or perhaps they're so low that people don't even bother with them?

I'm a wizard, and I know gear isn't that important, or I should say as important as some of the other classes. Anyone else run into this problem?

PS I read 20 pages back on wizards and realize the challenges I face with this class choice. I enjoy playing it thus far and want to give it a go.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:52 AM
Fire Giant

A lot of those items people don't bother taking the time to sell but they are out there. Just shout you're looking for lowbie wiz gear and people will send you tells and probably just give you some of that stuff actually. Hang in there and good luck!
Old 08-06-2014, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

People don't bother with those items is the problem.

They take bag space, they take time to sell and they generally aren't worth the time of the average player on this server who has at least one character 50+.

This is one reason why the bazaar was an excellent addition to the game. It allowed players to sell all different qualities of gear and for there to be a market for each quality level.

As a wizard I would say don't really bother with gear for quite a few levels. Focus on getting spells primarily.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:50 PM
Fire Giant

If you want to go cheap and bump your mana pool you can go with jewelcrafted items for your fingers, ears, and neck slots. You can buy some Star Rose Quartz, Sapphire, and some Platinum and Gold bars and ask a very friendly master jeweler to craft you the items. This is cheap and will give you a very nice mana pool bump. Other than that, just keep grinding out levels and you can make some money when you can port.

When you hit your 30s you can do the Tishan's Kilt quest, which is actually the biggest +HP item a Wiz can equip in the leg slot - anything better will cost you thousands of plat or is a nodrop item. Do that and your Staff of the Wheel quest, which is another great quested piece of gear. Over time the plat that trickles in from ports will add up to some decent items you can put in other slots. Your main priority should be levels and spells!
Old 08-07-2014, 09:42 AM
Skeleton

Thanks for the tips. I posted in the e commons trade forum for one item I was looking for but I won't spend any more time waiting around in the tunnel trying to find anything. I'll get levels. Thanks again.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:33 AM
Kobold

Could try to hunt in places that have the drops you're looking for and auction every once in a while. Wouldn't be a bad way to see the world, would it?
Old 08-14-2014, 06:52 AM
Kobold

I have this exact same problem as a necromancer. Really creates a barrier for new players, now accessible (buyable) gear. I think the forums may be an option?
Old 08-14-2014, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

You def don't need gear to level a pure caster. Just use ec tunnle buffs 1-20+. Xp > All. Don't put gear on a pedestle especially below 30-40. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread