Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 07:54 PM
Banned

lack of clrs is an epidemic on this server I must admit despite how much I dislike boxing
Old 08-27-2014, 08:01 PM
Banned

Learn to play without an optimal group setup.

You might find there to be some skill in EQ.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:02 PM
Sarnak

I heard in one of Sirken's streams they already put forth ideas to Multibox that were shot down. 2 Boxing sounds reasonable but Im sure they dont want to open up a can of worms by allowing 2 boxing then policing those who are 3+ boxing.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:03 PM
Sarnak

I think a better idea to attract new players is to make starter (newb) zones pvp-free.
Safe for trading and safe for new players to get on their feet.

I've read several posts from bluebies today saying they were discouraged because they were ganked right away when they started their character.

This was loramin's idea, not mine.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My post was directed at HB, his last two times had different reasons of how he wanted boxing allowed purely for the sake of the server, or to help someone other than himself and the well-being of those people are his only concern.

Stasis I think you might be experiencing a bit of paranoia to snap back immediately at imagined attacks. Or you have enough narcissism in you to automatically assume everything is about you..... Because it is..... Obviously! =P

You used to poopsock in the snow, 15 hours, uphill both ways. Of course that was only after you invented poopsocking. I heard that before they felt safe enough to sleep that Nihilum members had to check and make sure you weren't hiding under their beds. Fuck legends, you are the box messiah who will part the Nerd Sea and lead us all to the promised expansion after waiting a short 40 more years to see it.

If you didn't laugh at that Stasis, you have no sense of humor. When you use the phrase "hard as fuck" and words like "tough" to describe you and your guild, I can't help but wonder if thoughts like that pop in your head. If they don't, well, you would be a hell of a lot funnier and more entertaining if they did.
tldr thought it was about me I'll go back to skipping ur posts
Old 08-27-2014, 08:11 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All sarcasm aside again the problem here is that the average joe who decides to try red99 will enter a world with almost no one in the newbie zones, no one to group with, is instantly flooded with awful ooc spam, and the first person he encounters is likely to be a deleveled twink ready to kill him and make a thread about his victory. While joe may have one or two friends, if they aren't playing with him he can't do much, and they better have a healer / chanter etc., or they can't accomplish anything. Thus joes group will burn out and quit. I've seen it happen 100x.

It's also why small guilds can't flourish. "We'd love to do plane of x but we are missing class y (cleric,wizard,enchanter,necro) so I guess we can't raid tonight," leading to people quitting or joining a Zerg guild.

If you can box then you can play even when those classes aren't on rather than log off,meaning more people online and more people to kill.
There are a few issues you mention, none of which are solved with boxing.

1) First exposure: ooc isn't even that bad and it's global allowing easier LFG/Ports than blue.

2) Twinks: This is a real issue that comes with server age and the general composition of pvp in the high end (this may change as Nihilum forced this setup in the past). It's unsolvable mechanically without destroying twinking in the first place. The real solution for this is and always has been the community and being helpful. During low server pop red population has been historically very helpful.

NB: Delvling is minimally helpful, skills are +5capped here and delvl with you.

3) Grouping: not an issue 30+. If you've leveled semi-recently you would know grouping works on red. Plenty of people roll alts here to complement the newcomers. You even get weird composition groups that work because they must. Group loyalty in pvp is a fascinating dimension to pvp. You should try it.

Boxing again would encourage the very problems you try pretending to solve: more twinks, who would be the vanguard of the population in using boxing tactics to grief lowbies.

Most of the good suggestions the community has put forth are now implemented in red (guards, unbalanced clickies, xp, grouping, ooc, level range, xp loss etc..).

It's working.

Could anything else help population? Probably Hot zones ala LoZ. Encourages higher density of players in the hotzones and more pvp, but tbh the server is in good shape mechanically. We need more people solutions not technical crutches.
Last edited by kprobe; 08-27-2014 at 08:13 PM..
Old 08-27-2014, 08:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by no chewie dont [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
worst idea ive heard today
Old 08-27-2014, 08:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malone88 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think a better idea to attract new players is to make starter (newb) zones pvp-free.
Safe for trading and safe for new players to get on their feet.

I've read several posts from bluebies today saying they were discouraged because they were ganked right away when they started their character.

This was loramin's idea, not mine.
Naw, I think we need town killing tbh. That shit was real classic.

What we need though are the associated faction hits for killing people in their home towns.

You wanna kill a dark elf in Neriak? Prepare your faction anus.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:30 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As much as I hate the idea of safe zones, make EC or north Freeport a safe zone people can go to auction/lfg/newbies to get buffs/ports. How many people on blue are just people in EC tunnel playing the auction game.

Would be a good way for new chars to buy gear, people to buy and sell to make money, etc etc. Plus the server numbers would jump up a fair amount.
This is actually a way better idea EC for safezone 2014
Old 08-27-2014, 08:33 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agatha [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
chewies right though, none of this stems from anytihng other than being selfish.
holy shit I agree with this.
Closed Thread