Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 02:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody gets to ignore rules. All I'm saying is breaking this rule really isn't the heinous crime people make it out to be. I'd argue hacking/cheating, spamming garbage in ooc, training raids, etc has a much more negative impact on the server than someone making a couple hundred bucks on their way out the door.
When you attach a monetary value to game content it further incentivizes the hoarding of said content.

If RMT wasn't as prevalent on the server, you'd see a lot less interest in certain content that is constantly farmed for its RMT value. Instead, you'd see guilds farm content for a while, maybe gear out an alt then get bored and move on instead of keeping it on lock down for 3+ years.

So this notion that RMT is victimless is preposterous. In fact is prolly done the most harm to Red as it is directly responsible for keeping the most toxic elements of the server engaged for so long.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:07 PM
Sarnak

Also fuck Sektor
Old 08-29-2014, 02:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckwalk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If RMT wasn't as prevalent on the server
I still want to know, other than Sektor, who is buying all the pixels? Name and shame!
Old 08-29-2014, 02:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Something'Witty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still want to know, other than Sektor, who is buying all the pixels? Name and shame!
I'm curious too however it was apparently enough to cover Nizzar utilities for 3+ years at the very least.

I'd guess most of it was sold to new guild members without any DKP or traded for blue plat/items to RMT.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:51 PM
Sarnak

GMs need to be stricter with RMT punishments. Permanent ban and character deletion for all offenders and their associated accounts.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckwalk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GMs need to be stricter with RMT punishments. Permanent ban and character deletion for all offenders and their associated accounts.
I think that is what they do when people are caught. They just don't count people as being caught unless evidence is petitioned to them 26 times along with audio and constant forum quest nagging.
Closed Thread