Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 09:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isn't that the truth :/.

People take boat for OoT and TD. Rarely you will see lower levels making an extremely classic journey from one continent to the other on boats. That's some legit 1999 play right there.
I take the boat all the time. Especially to Kunark, since its actually about the same amount of annoyance running from the butt end of DL to most places. Any time I'm going from Faydwer to Antonica I sit at the docks and grab a port if one is available. If not I take the boat. I like ha Ing to put time into travel. It makes me think twice about whether or not I actually want to switch XP spots or not. In any instatravel type game I've ever played I always end up jumping around too much and it actually ends up slowing me down.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:13 AM
Banned

I love boats. It's a shame there is so much content in between.

If it were up to me this would be a MMOAT... upon which there would be a boat.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:22 AM
Planar Protector

There's a custom server waiting to happen where the world is an extension of OOT, you need a boat to get anywhere to experience any content at all [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-17-2014, 09:25 AM
Planar Protector

Is this a troll thread?

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 09-17-2014, 09:52 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recycleb1n [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please.

30~ min wait for a boat is insane. Then the ride itself is another 15~ I've done the boat trips several times on both severs and in terms of just sitting around doing nothing I could log easily 4~ hours.

"But but...MAH CLASSIC"

It will hardly kill the market for ports -

Blue - Every druid/wiz is 99% of the time AFK at East Commons or simply will flat out refuse to respond.
Red - Server population simply too low and what Druids/Wizards are available may not want to even port anyone due to fear of being PKed at Rings.

Please just put ports in. The time I could spend getting to the other side of the world and exping and playing the game would skyrocket and it'd prevent me from logging off due to frustration of waiting around mindlessly. Please in the interest of self-sufficiency.

Blue is absolutely lethargic to grouping at times as well and finding a group is insane so you are forced to solo at times as well. God Forbid you are the same class as someone else in a zone thats in a group.

I understand you want to keep things a certain way for your no lifer poop sock raiders and hardcores, but come the f on. Ports at Boat Locations is ALL I ask for.
They started on a project to make this as classic as possible. I think they did a good job. Everquest was meant to be slow , enjoy the scenary and group interaction. Not insta get to where ever you want to go and box 3 toons. The rules and world they put together is enjoyed by many. This is a FREE server. There are other options out there if you want to change where you spend your time to be more efficient.

Also I don't fit into your class of hardcorp raider on the server and i wore newbie zone gear for the longest time. I wasn't PL'd and still haven't cracked level 50. Go to Sony live server forums and see the countless threads of people asking for a classic server. This includes boats. Sony won't spend the time to do. These folk did. On Live Translocaters weren't put in as a convenience to the user base. They were put in cause they didn't want to spend the time fixing the boats. They put in translocators in whenever there is a problem. Hell i remember them putting an NPC in Guild hall cause they broke the zoneline to POK.

Boats are classic. Do I enjoy sitting there waiting. sometimes i do sometimes i don't it's part of the game and the experience. No one is forcing you to play here.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:52 AM
Banned

This thread sucks even more than waiting for a boat in everquest.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:57 AM
Planar Protector

There used to be ports at all the docks on p99 when the devs couldn't figure out how to make the boats work.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Make some friends jesus. I've taken a boat on p99 between BB and FP maybe 3 times in 3 and half years.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:04 AM
Aviak

I've taken the boat tons of times, especially the boat from Erudin to Qeynos. Boating from Erudin to Qeynos is faster than trying to find a port to NK.

Boats should be fixed so that they are like the classic boats--with hitpoints, a little ramp, an underdeck place to eat, etc.

Boats are the most classic fucking thing ever and they should be the #1 priority to make them just like classic :}
Old 09-17-2014, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this a troll thread?
How about leaving a few rowboats around for a month or so?
When the big ship returns people will praise it =D
Closed Thread